End user agreement for Print2eDoc SDK
Regular Registered Edition License Agreement
Gnostice Information Technologies
Print2eDoc SDK SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT AND LIMITED WARRANTY
IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY:
This Gnostice Software License Agreement ("LICENSE AGREEMENT") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or an entity) and Gnostice Information Technologies Private Limited ("GNOSTICE") for the Print2eDoc SDK Software (“SOFTWARE PRODUCT”), which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT also includes any updates and supplements to the original SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to you by GNOSTICE.
By installing, copying, accessing, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this LICENSE AGREEMENT. If you do not agree to the terms of this LICENSE AGREEMENT, you must cease using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT immediately.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is owned by GNOSTICE and is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, NOT sold.
GRANT OF LICENSE. This LICENSE AGREEMENT grants you the following rights:
1. You may install and use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for the sole purpose of designing, developing, testing and deploying Single-User Desktop application programs which you create. You may ONLY install and use a SINGLE copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a computer and freely move the SOFTWARE PRODUCT from one computer to another, provided that you are the only individual using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. If you are an entity, you must designate one individual within your organization ("NAMED USER") to have the right to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
2. If you have purchased additional licenses of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT from GNOSTICE or a GNOSTICE authorized reseller, you may install and use the number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT up to the number of users, at the site, granted to you in writing by GNOSTICE. You agree that the total number of copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT used by you may not exceed the number of licenses paid for by you, except that you may make one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT solely for backup or archival purposes.
3. DESKTOP DEVELOPER LICENSE: If you have purchased the Desktop Developer License, you may deploy Desktop and Intranet server based application programs you develop, using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, on any number of computers, ROYALTY FREE, provided you agree with all terms of this LICENSE AGREEMENT.
4. INTERNET SERVER DEPLOYMENT LICENSE: If you have purchased the Internet Server Deployment License, you may deploy Desktop, Intranet and Internet server based application programs you develop, using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, on any number of computers, ROYALTY FREE, provided you agree with all terms of this LICENSE AGREEMENT.
OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
1. You may NOT use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any part of the source code contained in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to develop or assist in the development of a general purpose software product(s) or an integrated work(s) or product suite(s) whose sole purpose is to create, produce, convert or transform documents from any format to PDF, HTML, RTF, Excel, Text or other formats supported by the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. This also disallows the use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in general purpose reporting software, business intelligence software, document management software, web services, virtual printer driver software and PDF viewing/printing/converting software. To use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in general purpose software product(s) you require an OEM or GPAD (General Purpose Application Development) License.
2. You may NOT use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or any part of the source code contained in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in a package, library or module (including but not limited to VCL, COM, ActiveX, DLL), which can be used by other software developers on any programming platform.
3. You may NOT change the Producer information from "Gnostice Print2eDoc (www.gnostice.com)".
4. You may NOT distribute modified or unmodified versions of any files contained in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, including but not limited to .lic, .vb, .c#, .pas, .asp, .c and .h files. You may ONLY distribute the library .dll, .bpl and the provided Print2eDoc Application Setup Utility files. You agree to take care to delete the provided Print2eDoc Application Setup Utility file from the computers the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is deployed on after installation of the Print2eDoc application on the deployed computers.
5. You may NOT sell or distribute any portion of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on its own or with other software, except as a library that is integrated into and used by your application program and provided that you abide by all the terms and conditions of this LICENSE AGREEMENT.
6. You may NOT rent, lease or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to another user.
7. You may NOT MODIFY, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE, REVERSE ENGINEER OR TRANSLATE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
8. You may NOT transfer the license to another individual or entity.
THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL GNOSTICE OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY HAVE DISTRIBUTED THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.