End user agreement for ecoPrint2 Ink and Toner Saver
SOFTWARE END USE LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THIS SOFTWARE.
ecoPrint software is being provided to you from CoGen Media ( Canada ) Ltd. ("CoGen Media"). Cogen Media strives to provide exceptional software products that help to resolve computer problems and help to facilitate an error free and more enjoyable Internet and computer experience for you the end user. By installing and using this ecoPrint software (the "Software"), you hereby agreed to the following terms and conditions.
1. LICENSE - Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, CoGen Media grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use or evaluate the Software in accordance with this Agreement and any other written agreement with CoGen Media. You have purchased a license to use the Software. CoGen Media does not transfer title of the Software to you. This Agreement is a legally binding agreement between CoGen Media and the user(s) of this Software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are required to immediately cease installing or using this Software and remove the Software and any documentation from your computer.
2. DISTRIBUTION - Unless otherwise authorized herein, this Software, any accompanying documentation, and the license herein granted shall not be copied, shared, distributed, re-sold, offered for re-sale, transferred or sub-licensed in whole or in part except that you may make one copy for archive purposes only. For information about redistribution of this Software, please contact CoGen Media at email@example.com
3. User Agreement
3.1 Evaluation Version use -You may evaluate this Software without purchasing a license (the "Evaluation Version") for a maximum number of days indicated or as permitted by CoGen Media, or you may have limited access to some of the features and functionality of the Software. In order to use or continue to use all the features and functionality of the Software you must purchase a license from CoGen Media. For more information about purchasing a license to use the Software, please contact CoGen Media.
3.2 Activation of Software - Once you have purchased a license from CoGen Media in order to continue to use the full functionality of the Software, you may be required to activate the Software through the Internet. There are technological measures within the Software that are designed to prevent unlicensed use of the Software. CoGen Media will use those measures to confirm you have a valid licensed copy of the Software. CoGen Media will not collect any personally identifiable information from your computer location or workstation during this process.
3.3 Distribution - The Evaluation Version of the Software may be freely distributed, provided that:
1. Such distribution includes only the original Software supplied by CoGen Media. You may not alter, delete or add any files in the distributed Software or modify the Software in any way.
2. The limited evaluation nature of this Evaluation Version Software is not misrepresented.
3. No money is charged to the person receiving this Evaluation Version Software, beyond reasonable cost of packaging and other overhead, if applicable.
4. You provide prior email or written notice to CoGen Media that you are distributing this Evaluation Version and receive written confirmation of CoGen Media's authorization for such distribution. If the Software is being distributed with other hardware, media or software, CoGen Media's prior written authorization is required. You may be required to report to us the number of units of this Evaluation Version Software distributed from time to time.
3.4 Use -Your license to use this Software is limited to the number of licenses purchased by you and for a limited number of days. Upon the expiration of your license, you will be required to renew and purchase another license in order to continue to use all the features and functionality of the Software. For more information about purchasing additional licenses of this Software or renewing your existing license, please contact CoGen Media. You shall not allow others to use, copy or evaluate copies of this licensed Software. Others may obtain an Evaluation Version of the Software or purchase a license to use the Software from CoGen Media.
3.5 Use Restrictions - You shall use this Software in compliance with all applicable laws and not for any unlawful purpose. Each licensed copy of this Software may be used on one single computer location or workstation, unless otherwise authorized herein. "Use" of the Software means that you have loaded, installed, or run the Software on a computer or similar device. If you install the Software onto a multi-user platform, server or network, each and every individual user of the Software must be licensed separately or included by a multi-site license in order to access all the features and functionality of the Software. You may make one copy of this Software for backup purposes, provided you only have one copy installed on one computer location or workstation (or number of users covered in a multi site license). Others may not use or install your licensed copy of this Software. The assignment, sublicense, networking, sale, or distributions of copies of this licensed Software is strictly forbidden without the prior written consent of CoGen Media. It is a violation of this Agreement to assign, sell, share, loan, rent, lease, borrow, sub-license, network or transfer the use of this licensed Software.
3.6 Copyright Restriction - This Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. You shall not, and shall not attempt to, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile this Software. Nor can you create any derivative works or other works that are based upon or derived from the Software in whole or in part.
CoGen Media and Activewave Interact, Inc. retain exclusive ownership of all right, title and interest in and to the Software and all Intellectual Property rights relating thereto including without limitation CoGen Media's name, logo and graphics file that represents this Software. Copyright law and international copyright treaty provisions protect all parts of this Software. No program, code, part, image, or text may be copied or used in any way by the user except as intended within the bounds of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved for CoGen Media.
3.7 Limitation of Responsibility - You will indemnify, hold harmless, and defend CoGen Media, its employees, agents and distributors against any and all claims, proceedings, demand and costs resulting from or in any way connected with your use of the Software. In no event (including, without limitation, in the event of negligence) will CoGen Media, its employees, agents or distributors be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of use, business interruption, loss of information or data, or pecuniary loss), in connection with or arising out of or related to this Agreement, this Software or the use or inability to use this Software or the furnishing, performance or use of any other matters hereunder whether based upon contract, tort or any other theory including negligence. CoGen Media's entire liability, without exception, is limited to the customers' reimbursement of the purchase price of the Software (maximum being the lesser of the amount paid by you and the suggested retail price as listed by CoGen Media, less any applicable taxes and shipping fees) in exchange for the return of the product, all copies, registration papers and manuals, and all materials that constitute a transfer of license from the customer back to CoGen Media. Such reimbursement will only occur if the Software was purchased directly from CoGen Media. If you purchased the Software through a reseller, distributor, retailer, or any other third party, you need to request a refund directly from such parties. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED HEREIN. COGEN MEDIA MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
3.8 Governing Law - This Agreement shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein except any principles regarding conflicts of law rules and the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You hereby irrevocably attorn and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, British Columbia, and any competent Courts of Appeal therefrom. If any provision shall be considered unlawful, void or otherwise unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provisions.
3.9 Termination - Any failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement will result in automatic and immediate termination of this license by CoGen Media. Upon termination of this license granted herein for any reason, you agree to immediately cease use of the Software and destroy all copies of the Software supplied under this Agreement. The financial obligations incurred by you shall survive the expiration or termination of this license.
4. Consent to Use of Data - You agree that CoGen Media may collect and use information transmitted by you through the Software and/or gathered in any manner as part of the product support services provided to you, if any, related to the Software. You are not obligated to transmit any information if you choose not to do so when prompted. CoGen Media may also use any information collected to provide notices to you which may be of use or interest to you. The Software contains components that enable and facilitate the use of certain Internet-based services. You acknowledge and agree that CoGen Media may automatically check the version of the Software that you are utilizing and may provide updates, upgrades, or fixes to the Software if applicable. In order to receive such updates, upgrades or fixes, you must agree to the download when prompted. You are not obligated to download any upgrades or fixes to the Software that are provided by CoGen Media. CoGen Media will not collect any personally identifiable information from your computer location or workstation during this process.
Copyright (C) 2008 CoGen Media (Canada) Ltd. All rights reserved.