End user agreement for S7 Quicklogger Pro
DON'T connect to a PLC unless you are certain it is safe to do so!!! It is assumed that you are experienced in PLC programming/troubleshooting and that you know EXACTLY what you are doing. PLC's are used to control industrial processes, motors, steam valves, hydraulic presses, etc. You are ABSOLUTELY RESPONSIBLE for ensuring that NO-ONE is in danger of being injured or killed because you affected the operation of a running PLC.
Also expect that buggy drivers could write data even when you expect that they will read only !!!
The following license agreement applies to the use of the Upstatesoft S7 Quicklogger Pro.
By opening this package or clicking the Next button, you indicate that you have read this agreement and accept its terms and conditions. This is a legal agreement between you (the end user) and Upstatesoft.com. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, promptly return the disk package and accompanying items (including written materials) to the place where you obtained them for a full refund.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. The software programs and other materials in this package are provided to you under the terms of this license agreement and are not sold to you. You own the media on which the software is recorded, but Upstatesoft retains copyright, title, and ownership of the software itself.
2. EVALUATION SOFTWARE. If the enclosed software is marked as "Demo" or "Evaluation", then this software and the images therein shall be used for evaluation purposes only and shall be subject to all other restrictions in this agreement.
3. NO OTHER RIGHTS. Except as stated above, this agreement does not grant you any rights to patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trade names, trademarks, or any rights, franchises of license with respect to the enclosed software and documentation. You may not modify, translate, disassemble, reverse engineer, or decompile the software, in whole or in part. Upstatesoft reserves all rights not explicitly granted in this license agreement.
4. UPDATE POLICY. Upstatesoft may create, from time to time, updated versions of the software. However, Upstatesoft is under no obligation to provide updates free of charge.
5. SUPERCEDES PREVIOUS AGREEMENTS. If you are installing the software to upgrade an older version of the software, this license agreement SUPERCEDES any previous license agreements that may have been in effect when you purchased the license of your older version of the software. If you do NOT agree with the terms of this current agreement you should NOT install this software and contact us immediately.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING
BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE APPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE ACCURACY AND THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND ALL OTHER RISK ARISING OUT OF THE
USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION.
tmssoftware.com bvba SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO
USE THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF tmssoftware.com bvba HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL tmssoftware.com bvba BE LIABLE FOR ANY
CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT
LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER
PECUNIARY LOSS, EVEN IF upstatesoft.com. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.