End user agreement for Driver Whiz
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("Agreement") is a legal contract between you (either (a) an individual user or (b) a business organization ("you") and Licensor (as designated below) for the software, including any associated media, printed materials and electronic documentation (the "Software").
By opening the package that contains the Software, or by copying, downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and you represent that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of your corporate entity (if applicable). If you do not wish to be bound by the terms of this Agreement do not install, access or use the Software. As used herein, "Licensor" means PC Drivers HeadQuarters Inc, a Texas USA Corporation.
If you have downloaded the Software for purposes of evaluation, regardless of how labeled, the use of the Software is limited to a specified period of time and all use will be governed by the terms set forth below.
1. Grant of License. Licensor grants you a limited, personal, internal use, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Software solely to evaluate its suitability for your internal requirements during the Evaluation Period. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use the Software during the Evaluation Period to create publicly distributed computer software or for any other commercial purpose. This license may be terminated by Licensor at any time upon notice to you and will automatically terminate, without notice, upon the first to occur of the following: (a) the completion of your evaluation of the Software or (b) the expiration of the Evaluation Period.
2. Limited Use Software. Portions of the full-use version of the Software may be withheld or unusable and use of the Software may require accessing portions of the Software remotely through the Internet. Full use of the Software may be restricted by technological protections.
3. Disclaimer of Warranty. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ONLY FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. LICENSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
4. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR DATA, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR ANY DATA SUPPLIED THEREWITH, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. In no case will Licensor's liability for damages hereunder exceed fifty dollars (US $50).
1. Grant of License. Upon your payment of the fees shown on the invoice and acceptance of this Agreement, Licensor grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive license to install and use the Software on the terms and conditions set forth herein.
You may install and use the Software on three (3) computers for your internal purposes only for a period of one year. If you have purchased more licenses based on the payment schedule set by PC Drivers HeadQuarters Inc you may use the software on different computers based on the number of licenses purchased. This year period begins with the date of purchase of the software. You may also make one back up and/or archival copy of the Software.
2. Restrictions on Use of Software. You may not (a) make the Software available for use by others in any service bureau or similar arrangement; (b) distribute, sublicense, transfer, or lend the Software to any third party; or (c) disassemble or reverse engineer the Software. You may copy the Software solely for backup/archival purposes, provided that you include all copyright and similar rights notices. Licensor (or its licensor) retains all right, title, and interest in the Software (and in all copies). Unauthorized copying and modification of the Software is not permitted.
3. Limited Warranty and Disclaimer of Warranty. Licensor warrants that:
it has the right and authority to grant the rights described in this Agreement, and;
THE WARRANTIES ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. LICENSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Licensor does not warrant that the Software will (a) achieve specific results, (b) operate without interruption, or (c) be error free.
4. Ownership. This Agreement does not convey to you any rights of ownership in the Software. All right, title, and interest in the Software and in any ideas, know-how, and programs which are developed by Licensor in the course of providing any technical services, including any enhancements or modifications made to the Software, shall at all times remain the property of Licensor or its licensor. You acknowledge and agree that the Software is licensed, not sold.
You will not remove, modify or alter any of Licensor's copyright, trademark or proprietary rights notices from any part of the Software, including but not limited to any such notices contained in the physical and/or electronic media or documentation, in the Setup Wizard dialogue or 'about' boxes, in any of the runtime resources and/or in any web-presence or web-enabled notices, code or other embodiments originally contained in or otherwise created by the Software, or in any archival or back-up copies, if applicable.
5. Transfer of Software. You may not, by operation of law or otherwise, transfer any license rights or other interests in the Software. You may not transfer any license rights or other interests in any other Software, unless (a) you permanently and wholly transfer all your rights under this Agreement; (b) you retain no copies (whole or partial); (c) you permanently and wholly transfer all of the Software (including component parts, media, printed materials, upgrades, prior versions, and authenticity certificates); and (d) the transferee agrees to abide by all the terms of this Agreement.
6. Limitation of Remedy and Liability. During the Warranty Period, in the event of any breach of the warranty outlined in Section 8b above, Licensor's ( and its suppliers), entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be, at Licensor's option, to either, repair or replace the defective Software.
NEITHER LICENSOR NOR ITS LICENSOR, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR DAMAGE TO SYSTEMS OR DATA, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. LICENSOR'S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES HEREUNDER SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF LICENSE FEES THAT YOU HAVE PAID.
7. Maintenance Services. If ordered by you and upon payment of the applicable fee, you are entitled to receive technical support services, including corrections, fixes and enhancements to the Software as such are made generally available (the "maintenance services") from Licensor in accordance with Licensor's then-current maintenance terms for the applicable maintenance level purchased by you.
Maintenance services will not include any releases of the Software which Licensor determines to be a separate product or for which Licensor charges its customers extra or separately.
8. Upgrades and Subscription. If you purchased a license for the Software which is identified as an "upgrade" or "subscription", you must have a valid license for the version of the Software which the "upgrade" or "subscription" supplements.
9. Termination. Your license may be terminated by Licensor if (a) you fail to make payment and/or (b) you fail to comply with the terms of this Agreement within ten (10) days after receipt of written notice of such failure. In the event of termination, you must cease using the Software, destroy all copies of the Software (including copies in storage media) and certify such destruction to Licensor. This requirement applies to all copies in any form, partial or complete. Upon the effective date of any termination, you relinquish all rights granted under this Agreement.
10. Relationship of Parties. You and Licensor are independent parties. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as making you an employee, agent or legal representative of Licensor.
11. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. There are no third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement.
12. Controlling Law. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Texas, USA, excluding conflicts of law.
13. Payment Terms/Shipments. All fees are in US Dollars.
14. Taxes. All fees do not include taxes. If Licensor is required to pay any sales, use, GST, VAT, or other taxes in connection with your order, other than taxes based on Licensor's income, such taxes will be billed to and paid by you.
15. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the complete and entire understanding and agreement of all terms, conditions and representations between you and Licensor with respect to the Software and may be modified only in writing by both parties. No term or condition contained in your purchase order will apply unless expressly accepted by Licensor in writing. Failure to prosecute a party's rights will not constitute a waiver of any other breach.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid, it will be enforced to the extent permissible and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full effect. This Agreement has been written in the English language and you waive any rights you may have under the law of your country or province to have this Agreement written in any other language