Use this security logo:
DISGCL PostScript Manual manufacturer description
The program DISGCL is an interpreter based on the data plotting library DISLIN. DISLIN statements can be written to a script file and then be executed with DISGCL, or can be entered in an interactive mode. Similar to programming languages, high-level language elements are available in DISGCL such as variables, operators, expressions, array operations, loops, if and switch statements, user-defined functions and I/O routines.
DISGCL can display graphic information on graphic terminals or store them in metafiles. The supported display types are VGA, X11 and Windows API. The supported file formats are GKSLIN, CGM, HPGL, PostScript, PDF, WMF, PNG and TIFF. DISGCL contains the following features:
- 9 software fonts where each font provides 6 alphabets. Hardware fonts for PostScript printers, X11 fonts for X11 displays and TrueType fonts for Windows 95/98/NT displays and WMF files can also be used. The different alphabets contain Roman, Greek, Russian, mathematical and special European characters. Plotting of mathematical formulas with TeX instructions.
- Plotting of two- and three-dimensional axis systems. Axes can be linearly or logarithmically scaled and labeled with linear, logarithmic, date, time, map and user-defined formats.
- Plotting of curves. Several curves can appear in one axis system and can be differentiated by colour, line style and pattern. Multiple axis systems can be displayed on a page.
- Plotting of legends.
- Elementary plot routines for lines, vectors and outlined or filled regions such as rectangles, circles, arcs, ellipses and polygons.
- Shielded regions can be defined.
- Business graphics.
- 3-D colour graphics.
- 3-D graphics.
- Elementary image routines.
- Geographical projections and plotting of maps.
- Graphical user interface (GUI) routines based on Motif and Windows API functions.
- English manuals in PostScript, PDF and HTML format are available.