End user agreement for WikiComposer
This license is a legal document designed to define the relationship between you (hereafter, the Customer) and the Developer of WikiComposer, and establish your rights and the rights of the developer in that respect. Please read it carefully. Use of WikiComposer constitutes acceptance of the terms of this license.
1) Description of Software and Parties: This license is a contract between the customer and the developer regarding the use and/or sale of WikiComposer and accompanying data files and documentation.
2) All rights in the Software are owned by the developer. This includes Copyright 2007 of all program code, data files, and documentation. The Customer is prohibited from decompiling, reverse-engineering, modifying, tampering with, or otherwise altering the form or normal operation of the Software.
3) All local data generated by the Demo Desktop Version or Registered Desktop Version of WikiComposer is owned entirely by the Customer.
4) All data generated by the Online Version of WikiComposer or through the website itself, or being saved by the Customer by whatever means to the server of the Online Version, both music and other data, (the "Site Content"), are the proprietary property of the Developer, or associated licensors with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be distributed in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the Developer's prior written permission, except that the foregoing does not apply to previously owned content that the Customer legally posts on the Site or through WikiComposer. Content owned by the Customer prior to its generation or uploading to WikiComposer.com, (the "Website") remains under the ownership of the Customer. The Customer, by generating or posting data to the website grants the Developer an irremovable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license to distribute or modify said data, and in addition grants any and all other users of the Website the ability to create new versions of said data with the resulting ownership of said data to be considered proportionate, subject entirely by decision by the Developer, but invariably subject to the same licensing agreement as described above. If you are a legitimate user of the website you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and the Site Content and to download, print, or synthesize a copy of any portion of the Site Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. Data downloaded in a manner other than through the Website or through the WikiComposer application using automated means is not protected in this manner.
3) Versions: There is an Online Version, a Demo Desktop Version and a Full Desktop Version of the Software available. The Demo Desktop Version is a functionally limited variety of the Full Desktop Version of the Software. Upgrading to the Full Desktop Version and utilizing the extended functionality requires purchase of a License, as described below.
4) Demo Version: The Developer hereby grants the Customer a limited, non-exclusive License to install and make use of the Demo Version of the software.
4) Full Version: The Developer offers for purchase Licenses of the Full Version of the Software. These licenses confer a limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable right to install and make use of the Full Version of the Software. The Developer grants the Customer the right to make one copy of the Software for archival purposes.
5) Registration Codes: Each License to the Full Version of the Software comes with a Registration Code, a code which instructs the Software to unlock the functionality of the Full Version. Registration requires an Internet connection and a computer configuration such that allows an open Internet Socket to an external server (hosted at WikiComposer.com) for completion of software activation. The Developer does not guarantee the ability of the Customer's computer to make said connection or provide technical support related to configuring a computer (for instance, to disable a firewall) to allow suitable connectivity. The Developer makes no claims about the reliability of said server due to outages, technical problems, or maintenance schedules. Misuse of the registration Codes may result in their de-activation. The Developer may choose to, but is not obligated to, furnish additional Registration Codes if the Customer loses the one originally provided when the Software was purchased.
6) Guarantee: The Developer guarantees that for the period of thirty (30) days from the purchase of a License to the Full Desktop Version of the Software that the Customer shall, upon request, be refunded his or her actual purchase price within a reasonable period of time. The Customer acknowledges that receipt of a refund constitutes a termination of their License to use the Software.
7) Limitation of Liability: The Software is sold "as is". In no event will the Developer be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages of computer machinery, data, synthesizing data, or external devices resulting from possession, use, or malfunction of the Software. The Developer makes no warranty that the Software is free of defects or is suitable for any particular purpose. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that his or her use of the software is in accordance with the law of his or her jurisdiction.