End user agreement for Need4 Audio Recorder
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA") IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND NEED4VIDEO Ltd. USE OF THE NEED4VIDEO SOFTWARE (HEREIN SOFTWARE) PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS AND USING THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Need4Video tools are licensed on per computer basis, not per user, site or company. For example, if a person uses 2 computers, to install and use Need4Video software on every computer, the person must register 2 times. "User" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the registration fee. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any registration or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE programming features. This registration is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual.
2. TRIAL and REGISTRATION. You are granted the right to use the SOFTWARE without registration solely for the purposes of evaluating the performance of the SOFTWARE. Watermark is laid upon the converted videos when using a trial copy of Need4Video software. When converting or extracting audio using a trial copy of Software, the length of saved audio files is restricted to 60 seconds. To remove all restrictions of the trial copy, you have to register it with Need4Video in accordance with the terms laid out in the registration information which can be found in the documentation accompanying the SOFTWARE. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before registering it. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction.
3. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Need4Video Ltd. Your registration confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE.
4. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE and all rights, without limitation including proprietary rights therein, are owned by Need4Video Ltd. or its suppliers and are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE is registered, not sold. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Need4Video Ltd., and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this agreement. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
5. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
6. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. NEED4VIDEO DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
The Need4Video Software automatically references, displays, links to and provides web services related to sites and information located worldwide throughout the Internet. Because Need4Video has no control over such sites and information, Need4Video makes no guarantees as to such sites and information, including but not limited to: (a) the accuracy, availability, sequence completeness, currency, content, validity or quality of any such sites and information, or (b) whether they may locate unintended or objectionable content. By using the Need4Video Software, you acknowledge that Need4Video makes no representations or warranties with regard to any sites or information displayed by or accessed though the Need4Video Software.
7. THIRD PARTY ACKNOWLEDGMENTS. Portions of the Need4Video Software utilize or include third party software and other copyrighted material. The use of such material is governed by their respective terms.
Certain software libraries and other third party software included with the Need4Video Software are free software and licensed under the terms of the GNU Library Lesser General Public License (LGPL). You may obtain a complete machine-readable copy of the source code for such free software under the terms of the LGPL without charge except for the cost of media, shipping and handling, upon written request to Need4Video. The LGPL software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS OF PURPOSE.
MPEG-2 Notice. To the extent that the Need4Video Software contains MPEG-2 functionality, the following provision applies: ANY USE OF THE PRODUCT OTHER THAN CONSUMER PERSONAL USE IN ANY MANNER THAT COMPLIES WITH THE MPEG-2 STANDARD FOR ENCODING VIDEO INFORMATION FOR PACKAGED MEDIA IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT A LICENSE UNDER APPLICABLE PATENTS IN THE MPEG-2 PATENT PORTFOLIO, WHICH LICENSE IS AVAILABLE FROM MPEG LA,L.L.C, 250 STEELE STREET, SUITE 300, DENVER, COLORADO 80206.
Use of MPEG-4 This product is licensed under the MPEG-4 Systems Patent Portfolio License for encoding in compliance with the MPEG-4 Systems Standard, except that an additional license and payment or royalties are necessary for encoding in connection with (i) data stored or replicated in physical media which is paid for an a title by title basis and/or (ii) data which is paid for on a title by title basis and is transmitted to an end user for permanent storage and/or use. Such additional license may be obtained from MPEG LA,LLC. See http://www.mpegla.com for additional details.
This product is licensed under the MPEG-4. This product is licensed under the MPEG-4 Visual Patent Portfolio License for the personal and non-commercial use of a consumer for (i) encoding video in compliance with the MPEG-4 Visual Standard (MPEG-4 Video) and/or (ii) decoding MPEG-4 video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a personal and non-commercial activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed by MPEG LA to provide MPEG-4 video. No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use.
Additional information including that relating to promotional, internal and commercial uses and licensing may be obtained from MPEG LA, LLC. See http://www.mpegla.com.
H.264/AVC Notice. To the extent that the Need4Video Software contains AVC encoding and/or decoding functionality, commercial use of tH.264/AVC requires additional licensing and the following provision applies: THE AVC FUNCTIONALITY IN THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED HEREIN ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO: (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AVC STANDARD ("AVC VIDEO") AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR AVC VIDEO THAT WAS OBTAINED FORM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. INFORMATION REGARDING OTHER USES AND LICENSES MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA L.L.C. SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM.
AMR Notice. The Adaptive Multi-Rate ("AMR") encoding and decoding functionality in this product is not licensed to perform cellular voice calls, or for use in any telephony products built on the QuickTime architecture for the Windows platform. The AMR encoding and decoding functionality in this product is also not licensed for use in a cellular communications infrastructure including: vase stations, base station controllers/radio network controllers, switching centers, and gateways to and from the public switched network.
8. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
9. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL NEED4VIDEO Ltd. OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF NEED4VIDEO Ltd. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL NEED4VIDEO's LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
10. GENERAL PROVISION. This is the entire agreement between you and Need4Video Ltd., which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written, or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license. If any part of this agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of the agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. This agreement shall automatically terminate upon failure by you to comply with its terms. Need4Video Ltd., on its sole discretion, may modify this agreement in writing at any time.