End user agreement for English Dictionary with Thesaurus (UIQ)
This document is a legal agreement between you, the "end user," and Paragon Software (SHDD), Member of Paragon Software Group. Use of the enclosed software indicates your acceptance of these terms. As used in this License Agreement, the term "SOFTWARE" means the Paragon software provided with this License Agreement. The term "SOFTWARE" does not include any software that is covered by a separate license offered or granted by a person other than Paragon.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, EITHER DESTROY OR RETURN, INTACT, THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE, CONTAINING THE CD OR DISK MEDIA, TOGETHER WITH THE OTHER COMPONENTS OF THE PRODUCT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE.
1. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The SOFTWARE and any accompanying documentation are proprietary products of Paragon Software ("Paragon") protected under international copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Ownership of the SOFTWARE, and all copies, modifications, and merged portions thereof shall at all times remain with Paragon.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE. The SOFTWARE and accompanying documentation are being licensed to you, which means you have the right to use the SOFTWARE only in accordance with this License Agreement. Paragon grants you the right to use the number of copies of the SOFTWARE specified in this license on a specific computer or computers. The SOFTWARE is considered in use on a computer when it is loaded into temporary memory or installed into permanent memory.
3. NUMBER OF COPIES LICENSED. You are authorized to use a single copy of the SOFTWARE on ONE computer. In addition to any copies authorized for use under this License, you may make a single copy of the SOFTWARE solely for backup purposes. All copies of the SOFTWARE must include our copyright notice.
4. COMPUTER-SPECIFIC LICENSE. Each permitted copy of the SOFTWARE may be used on no more than one specific computer (either a stand-alone computer or a computer connected to a network) owned or leased by you. Once a copy of the SOFTWARE has been used on a computer, it may not be used on any other computer, unless you have permanently stopped using (e.g., sold, destroyed, or relinquished possession of) the computer on which the SOFTWARE was first installed and have removed the SOFTWARE from the original computer. If the SOFTWARE is made available on a network, it may be accessed only by the number of CPUs for which you have purchased a license. Once the SOFTWARE has been accessed by that number of CPUs, it may not be used on any additional CPUs without purchasing additional licenses.
5. PERSONAL LICENSE. This license is personal to you. You may not sublicense, lease, sell, or otherwise transfer the SOFTWARE or any of the accompanying documentation to any other person. You may use the SOFTWARE only for your own personal use if you are an individual, or for your own internal business purposes if you are a business.
6. NON PERMITTED USES. Without the express permission of Paragon, you may not
(a) use, copy, modify, alter or transfer, electronically or otherwise, the SOFTWARE or documentation except as expressly permitted in this License Agreement, or
(b) translate, reverse program, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer the SOFTWARE.
7. TERM. This license is effective from your date of purchase and shall remain in force until terminated. You may terminate the license and this License Agreement at any time by destroying the SOFTWARE and the accompanying documentation, together with all copies in any form.
8. LIMITED WARRANTY.
(a) Paragon warrants to you, the original end user,
i. that the SOFTWARE other than third party software will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying documentation and
ii. that the SOFTWARE is properly recorded on the disk media. This Limited Warranty extends for thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. Paragon does not warrant any third party software that is included in the SOFTWARE, but Paragon agrees to pass on to you any warranties of the owner or licensor to the extent permitted by the owner or licensor.
(b) This Limited Warranty does not apply to any SOFTWARE that has been altered, damaged, abused, misapplied, or used other than in accordance with this License and any instructions included on the SOFTWARE and the accompanying documentation.
(c) Paragon's entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this Limited Warranty shall be the repair or replacement of any SOFTWARE that fails to conform to this Limited Warranty or, at Paragon's option, return of the price paid for the SOFTWARE. Paragon shall have no liability under this Limited Warranty unless the SOFTWARE is returned to Paragon or its authorized representative, with a copy of your receipt, within the warranty period. Any replacement SOFTWARE will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or 30 days, whichever is longer.
(d) Your failure to return the enclosed registration card may result in Paragon's inability to provide you with updates to the SOFTWARE and you assume the entire risk of performance and result in such event.
9. EXCLUDED WARRANTY. Paragon or resellers are not liable for any loss of profits or contracts or any direct, indirect or consequential loss, business interruption or loss of data or programs arising out of or in connection with the use of this program.
Paragon Software Group, Pearl Str 1 Buggingen 79426 Germany
Web: http://www.penreader.com (English version)
http://www.penreader.com/ru (Russian version)
Phone: +7 095 789-67-17