PCX Image permissions
PCX Image 4.0
for Delphi 3/4/5/6/7 and C++Builder 4/5/6
SINGLE USER SOFTWARE LICENSE AND LIMITED WARRANTY
The PCX Image(software) and everything that comes with it is
Copyright (C) 2003, by
Sovetskaya 60 - 309
phone: +7(0872) 36-13-58
fax : +7(0872) 36-13-58
All copyrights to PCX Image are exclusively owned by the author - Soft Gold. PCX Image is protected by copyright laws. At all times Soft Gold retains full title to the software. Subject to your acceptance of and accordance with the terms and conditions stated in this agreement, you shall be granted a single-user software license. Any previous agreement with Soft Gold is superseded by this agreement.
You may distribute the unregistered version of
software freely, provided that all files are included and remain unmodified
and that no extra files have been added to the package. You may not ask any
money for the distribution.
You may use the unregistered version of PCX Image free of charge for testing
purposes, but if you want to use it for other purposes than testing - you
have to register it with the author.
Once you have registered, you will receive a personal
registered copy via email.
REGISTER THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO:
1. Install and use the Software for the sole purposes of designing, developing, testing, and deploying application programs you create. You may install a copy of the Software on a computer and freely move the Software from one computer to another, provided that you are the only individual using the Software. If you are an entity, you need PCX Image Site licence.
2. Write and compile your own application programs using the PCX Image software contained in this package. All copies of the software you so write and distribute must include a PCX Image Software copyright notice, or a valid copyright notice of your own.
3. Make one copy of the Software for backup or archival purposes or copy the Software to a single permanent storage medium provided you to keep the original solely for backup or archival purposes.
4. Technical support and notifications on those new versions PCX Image, which can upgrade with no additional payment.
5. The registered PCX Image software may not be rented or leased, but may be permanently transferred, if the person receiving it agrees to terms of this license. If the software is an update, the transfer must include the update and all previous versions.
6. The registered developers can use PCX Image as "Royalty free". It means, that they freely may distribute the programs using PCX Image if it does not contradict conditions of this license agreement. Any sanctions to that on from the author is not required.
ENGAGING IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES LISTED BELOW WILL TERMINATE THE SOFTWARE LICENSE. IN ADDITION TO SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMINATION, PCX Image SOFTWARE MAY PURSUE CRIMINAL, CIVIL, OR ANY OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES.
1. Distribution of any files contained in this software package, other than the runtime packages explicitly listed above, including but not limited to .PAS, .DFM, .DCU, DCP files, and design-time packages.
2. Removal of proprietary notices, labels or marks from the Software or Software Documentation.
3. Inclusion of the software in a development environment.
4. Creation of an application that does not differ materially from the Software.
5. Development and/or distribution of a stand-alone Viewer application based on the Software.
6. Creation of an application (whether it be freeware, shareware or a commercial product) which competes directly or indirectly with the Software.
AGREEMENT PERTAINING TO THE RELEASE OF SOURCE CODE by Soft Gold to Recipient:
USE OF SOURCE CODE
Recipient will not utilize the source for the creation of software (whether it be freeware, shareware or a commercial product) which competes directly or indirectly with PCX Image VCL. In addition, Recipient will not disclose the source itself, nor the implementations discovered therein, to any party involved in the creation of software which competes directly or indirectly with PCX Image VCL.
DISTRIBUTION OF SOURCE CODE
Recipient will not distribute the source. Specifically this includes all .dcu, .dfm, and.pas files which PCX Image has provided.
CHANGES TO SOURCE CODE
Soft Gold reserves the right to change any part of the source in future versions of the product. These changes may include the removal of classes, properties and methods or the creation of new classes, properties and methods.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR SOURCE CODE
Soft Gold will not provide support for changes Recipient makes to the source. Recipient assumes full responsibility for supporting any code or application which results from such modification. Recipient will not hold PCX Image Software liable, directly or indirectly, for any changes made to the source, including changes which Recipient has made based on advice or suggestions provided by Soft Gold.
THIS SOFTWARE IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES AS TO
PERFORMANCE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED
OR IMPLIED. YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR
DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING
OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
LIMITED WARRANTY/LIMITATION OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Soft Gold may not bear other responsibility, except for stated in this agreement.
In no event will PCX Image Software be liable to you for any damages, including without limitation lost profits or revenues, loss of data, business interruption loss, recovery or substitution costs, or claims by third parties, or other indirect incidental or consequential damages, arising out of the use or inability to use the software, even if Soft Gold has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no case shall Soft Gold liability exceed the amount of the license fee paid by you for the software.
All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Soft Gold.
Thank you for using PCX Image!