End user agreement for VELite -- Disposable Instant Computer
Software License Agreement - SECUREOL VE-LITE ver 1.05 For Windows 2000/XP
SecureOL (Israel) Ltd. ("SecureOL") IS WILLING TO LICENSE THIS SOFTWARE TO YOU ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. This is a legal agreement between you (either an individual end-user or an entity) and SecureOL ("Agreement"). By downloading and using this software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, promptly stop using the software and destroy any copies of the software in your possession or control.
1. Grant of License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, SecureOL grant to you a nonexclusive limited non-transferable license to use one copy of the VE-Lite software program and any documentation accompanying this Agreement ("Software") on one home computer only and strictly in accordance with the instructions and for the purposes designated for the Software in its documentation. The license granted hereunder is limited to personal non-commercial use on home computers only. You may not use the Software under the scope of the License granted hereunder on computers of businesses and/or any other institutions and/or of any commercial and/or public corporations and/or institutions. No other rights are granted. The Software is in use if it is loaded on the computer's permanent or temporary memory. For backup purposes only, you may make one copy of the Software. You must include on the backup copy all copyright and other notices included on the Software as supplied by SecureOL.
2. Restrictions. The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets, and other proprietary materials of SecureOL and its licensors. You agree that in order to protect those proprietary materials, except as expressly permitted by applicable law, neither you nor a third party acting on your behalf will: (i) decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Software; (ii) modify or create derivative works of the Software; (iii) use the Software in any manner to provide service bureau, commercial time-sharing or other computer services to third parties; (iv) transmit the Software or provide its functionality, in whole or in part, over the Internet or other network (except as expressly permitted above); or (v) sell, distribute, rent, lease, sublicense or otherwise transfer the Software to a third party.
3. Ownership. The Software is licensed, not sold, to you for personal use only under the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and SecureOL reserves all intellectual property and other rights in and to the Software. SecureOL and/or its licensors retain title to the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein. You undertake that at any event you will not contest SecureOL’s ownership rights in and to the Software.
4. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Upon any violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement, rights to use the Software shall automatically terminate and the Software must be returned to SecureOL or all copies of the Software destroyed. You may also terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of the Software in your possession or control. If SecureOL makes a request via public announcement, via the internet or otherwise, or press release to stop using the copies of the Software, you will comply immediately with this request. The provisions of paragraphs 4, 8, 9 and 12 will survive any termination of this Agreement.
5. License Fees. For introductory purposes, the license to the Software is hereby granted hereunder free of any license fees. It is agreed that SecureOL may change the free license policy at any time and its sole discretion, by making a public announcement, via the internet or otherwise, or by a press release. In such event you will be entitled to choose to continue utilizing the Software by paying the license fee, as may be requested by SecureOL, or to stop using the copies of the Software. For avoidance of doubt, no retroactive license fees will be requested. It is further noted that SecureOL shall not be obligated to grant you updates and/or upgrades of the Software in the scope of the license granted hereunder. SecureOL may issue future updates and/or upgrades of the Software for license fees or other consideration, as it may deem fit at its sole discretion.
6. No Product Warranty. It is recorded and agreed that the free License granted hereunder is to a beta site of Software. Consequently, SecureOL does not make any warranty with respect to the Software, including but not limited to its conformity to its published documentation and the media containing the Software. SecureOL does not assure that the Software shall be free from defects in material or any other malfunctions. The installation and utilization of the Software will be self-made by you, strictly in accordance with SecureOL’s instructions and on your personal risk. SecureOL shall not be liable for any defects malfunctions or non-conformity of the Software..
7. Remedies. By downloading or Installing the Software, you hereby agree that you shall not be entitled to any remedy and/or compensation from SecureOL for any and all damages which may be caused as a result of use of the Software, due to any defects, malfunctions, non-conformity or otherwise. Without derogating from the foregoing, SecureOL will further not be obliged to fix and defects or bugs in the Software. You hereby waive any and all claims against SecureOL in relation to the Software and/or any damages resulting from its utilization
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIED ARE MADE BY SECUREOL UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE. SECUREOL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE OR MEDIA, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INTERFERENCE OR ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. NO SECUREOL DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY WARRANTY ON BEHALF OF SECUREOL.
9. NO LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL SECUREOL OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE SALE OF, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE ANY SECUREOL PRODUCT OR SERVICE, EVEN IF SECUREOL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions set forth in this Agreement and as provided in DFARS 227.7202-1(a) and 227.7202-3(a) (1995), DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) (OCT 1988) FAR 12.212(a) (1995), FAR 52.227-19, or FAR 52.227-14 (ALT III), as applicable. SecureOL (Israel) Ltd.,21 Havaad Haleumi Street,P.O.Box 16120, Jerusalem 91160, Israel.
11. General Terms and Conditions. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel, without regard to or application of its choice of law rules or principles. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the Agreement shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings, communications or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. SecureOL may, in its sole discretion, modify portions of this Agreement at any time. SecureOL may notify you of any changes by posting notice of such modifications on SecureOL's web site(s) or sending notice via e-mail, postal mail or other means. Your continued use of the Software following notice of such modifications shall be deemed to be your acceptance of any such modifications to the Agreement. If you do not agree to any such modifications, you must immediately stop using the Software and destroy all copies of the Software in your possession or control.
The Software is protected by Israeli copyright law and international treaty. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of the Software is subject to civil and criminal penalties.
SecureOL Ltd. Email :email@example.com, <http://www.secureol.com>, All rights reserved