End user agreement for Productivity! Professional for JBuilder
JPRODUCTIVITY, L.L.C. LICENSE TERMS
PRODUCTIVITY! PROFESSIONAL FOR JBUILDER
NOTICE: THIS JPRODUCTIVITY, L.L.C. SOFTWARE PRODUCT (TOGETHER WITH ITS ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION, THE "PRODUCT") IS THE PROPERTY OF JPRODUCTIVITY, L.L.C. ("jProductivity"). THE PRODUCT IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU, THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER, SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING LICENSE AGREEMENT ("LICENSE"). PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE PRODUCT. A COPY OF THIS LICENSE IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR FUTURE REFERENCE IN THE "LICENSE.HTML" FILE PROVIDED WITH THE PRODUCT.
YOU MAY ACCEPT THIS LICENSE BY PLACING A CHECK IN THE "I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT" BOX BELOW. YOU MAY REJECT THIS LICENSE, AND TERMINATE THIS INSTALLATION PROCESS, BY CLICKING THE "CANCEL" BUTTON BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS LICENSE, THEN YOU MAY NOT INSTALL OR USE THE PRODUCT. ANY USE BY YOU OF THIS PRODUCT ALSO CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
jProductivity is only willing to grant you this License if you obtained the Product from jProductivity or a jProductivity authorized reseller. If you obtained the Product from any other source you may not install or use the Product.
1. Ownership. The Product is proprietary to jProductivity. The Product is licensed, not sold, to you notwithstanding any reference herein to "purchases." You acknowledge and agree that: (a) the Product is protected under U.S. copyright and other laws; (b) jProductivity and its licensors retain all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Product; (c) there are no implied licenses under this License, and any rights not expressly granted to you hereunder are reserved by jProductivity; (d) you acquire no ownership or other interest (other than your license rights) in or to the Product; and (e) jProductivity owns all copies of the Product, however made. You agree that you will not, at any time, contest anywhere in the world jProductivity’s ownership of the Product, nor will you challenge the validity of jProductivity’s rights in the Product. You have no rights hereunder to use any trademark or service mark belonging to jProductivity.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE AND SCOPE OF USE.
2.1 Licenses. For each license that you acquire to use the Product, you will be provided with a License Certificate (a "License Certificate"), which may be either a certificate, the installation and licensing instructions, your invoice, or an activation file and which may be provided to you either with the Product media or separately by jProductivity or its authorized distributors or resellers. The License Certificate will contain information specific to the edition of the Product that you have licensed, the type of license under which you may use the Product and the number of licenses that you have acquired. In order to activate and use the Product as set forth in this License Agreement, you must follow the instructions when prompted by the Product or provided to you either with the Product media or separately by jProductivity or its authorized distributors or resellers. The types of licenses you may acquire are an Evaluation License and a Named User License, all defined in this Section 2 of this License Agreement. Unless your License Certificate identifies your acquisition of another license type, you have acquired a Named User License. For more information on which license types, if any, should be included with the Product media you should contact jProductivity or your jProductivity authorized distributor or reseller.
2.2 Evaluation License. The terms of this Section 2.2 are applicable to you only if you have acquired an Evaluation License, as defined below, for the Product directly from jProductivity or a jProductivity authorized distributor or reseller. In order to evaluate the Product, you may install the Product, as outlined below, on a temporary basis for trial, evaluation, non-commercial purposes only (the "Evaluation Period"). The Evaluation Period is limited to the greater of the period of time specified to you by jProductivity or fifteen (15) days from the date the Product is installed. At the end of the Evaluation Period your license to use the Product expires. During the Evaluation Period, jProductivity grants you the personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable and limited license to use the Product solely for evaluation purposes. THE PRODUCT CONTAINS A TIME-OUT FEATURE THAT DISABLES ITS OPERATION AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE EVALUATION PERIOD. APPLICATIONS THAT YOU CREATE DURING THE EVALUATION PERIOD MAY REQUIRE THE PRODUCT IN ORDER TO RUN. UPON EXPIRATION OF THE EVALUATION PERIOD, THOSE APPLICATIONS MAY NO LONGER RUN. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE TAKE PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT MIGHT RESULT. In order to use the Product after the Evaluation Period, you must obtain from jProductivity, or its authorized distributors or resellers a License Certificate outlining the number and type of grants of a license to use the Product in accordance with the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. You may not use the Product during the Evaluation Period for any commercial, business, governmental or institutional purpose of any kind. At the end of the Evaluation Period, further use of the Product by you is prohibited without the purchase of a commercial license to obtain a License Certificate. If you do not purchase a license for the Product at the end of the Evaluation Period, you hereby agree to permanently remove or delete the Product from all computer systems, including Servers, as defined below, and workstations, on which it was installed and destroy any software and documentation received, and not to reinstall the Product. If you desire to continue to use the Product following the Evaluation Period, you should contact jProductivity or a jProductivity authorized distributor or reseller to order commercial licenses to use the Product.
2.3 Named User Grant of License. The terms of this Section 2.3 are applicable to you only if you have acquired a Named User License, as defined below, for the Product directly from jProductivity or a jProductivity authorized distributor or reseller. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, jProductivity grants to you, if you are an individual, or, if you are an entity, one (1) designated person in your organization ("Named User") a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable and limited license to use the Product solely for your own internal purposes. You may purchase from jProductivity or a jProductivity authorized distributor or reseller additional licenses to permit multiple Named Users to use the Product (each, a "Named User License"). The foregoing Named User Licenses shall be for access and use, only by the equivalent number of Named Users for whom you have paid the applicable license fees and obtained a License Certificate. The Product may be used exclusively by the specifically designated Named Users, subject to all the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. You agree that you will not designate more Named Users than the number of Named User Licenses that jProductivity or a jProductivity authorized distributor or reseller has expressly granted to you and you will not allow the Product to be used by any individuals other than the Named Users designated by you from time to time. You may install the Product on a reasonable number of machines provided that the Named User is the only individual permitted to use the Product. Subject to the other terms and conditions of this License, you may make a reasonable number of copies of the Product to backup devices such as hard disks, optical media, or tape and one (1) physical CD media backup copy of the Product solely to replace the original copy provided to you if the original copy is damaged or destroyed. All rights not specifically granted to you herein are retained by jProductivity.
3. GENERAL TERMS THAT APPLY TO COMPILED PROGRAMS AND REDISTRIBUTABLES.
3.1 Redistributables. The Product may include certain files, libraries and/or source code specifically designated as "redistributables" by jProductivity in the accompanying printed or on-line documentation and that are necessary to use Works created using the Product ("Redistributables"). From time to time, jProductivity may designate other files as Redistributables. You should refer to the documentation, including any "readme" or "deploy" files provided with the Product, for additional information regarding Redistributables. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License and the license grant in Section 3.2, you may freely redistribute source code or compiled code that is entirely your own and does not contain any Redistributables.
3.2 Licensing of Redistributables. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License including the restrictions of Section 3.3, jProductivity grants you the personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license to: (a) make exact copies of the Redistributables and distribute those copies solely as components of your Works and solely as required for permitting end users of the Works ("End Users") to install and execute the Works; (b) install and execute Redistributables, without modification, on computers that you own or possess solely for your own internal use; and (c) sublicense to your End Users the personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to install and execute Redistributables, without modification, solely as components of Works and solely for such End Users' own internal use, subject to End Users' compliance with the restrictions in Section 5 as to Redistributables. The rights granted to you under this Section 3.2 may not be exercised by others, including co-developers, regardless of how you might compile, link, or package your Works. These rights apply only to Redistributables and to no other file, library, source code or other component or derivative work of the Product. They may be exercised only with respect to Works created by you using a duly licensed, properly registered copy of the Product.
3.3 Certain Restrictions. Regardless of any modifications that you make and regardless of how you might compile, link, or package your Works: (a) you may not permit your End Users to modify, distribute or use Redistributables in any program that such End User creates, has created or uses other than the Works; (b) you may not use jProductivity 's or any of its suppliers' names, logos, or trademarks to market your Works, except to state descriptively that your Work was written using the Product; (c) all copies of the Works you create must bear a valid copyright notice, either your own or the jProductivity copyright notice that appears on the Product, and you may not remove or alter any jProductivity or its licensor's copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice contained in any portion of the Redistributables; and (d) you may only distribute Redistributables with Works that add primary and substantial functionality to the Redistributables, that are not merely a set or subset of any of the Redistributables, and that are created in accordance with the terms of this License.
3.4 Relationship with End Users. Except as set forth in Section 4, there are no third party beneficiaries to this License. Consequently, jProductivity provides no warranty at all to any person, other than the limited warranty provided to you the original purchaser of the Product, as set forth herein, and you will be solely responsible to your End Users (or anyone else who uses or acquires Works) for support, service, upgrades, or technical or other assistance (including with respect to any Redistributables included therein), and such persons will have no right to contact jProductivity for any services or assistance. You will indemnify, defend and hold jProductivity, its licensors, its suppliers and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and affiliates, harmless from and against any claims or liabilities arising out of or related to the use, procurement, reproduction or distribution of your Works by third parties.
3.5 Third Party Software. The Product, including Redistributables, may include source code, redistributable files, and/or other files provided by a third party vendor ("Third Party Product"). Since use of Third Party Product might be subject to license restrictions imposed by the third party vendor, you should refer to the on-line documentation (if any) provided with Third Party Product for any license restrictions imposed by the third party vendor. In any event, any license restrictions imposed by a third party vendor are in addition to, not in lieu of, the terms and conditions of this License.
3.6 Other Rights. Contact jProductivity for the applicable royalties due and other licensing terms for all other uses or distribution of the Redistributables. jProductivity hereby reserves all right, title and interest in the Product and Redistributables not expressly granted under this License.
4. SPECIAL TERMS.
The following terms and conditions ("Special Terms") are specific to certain editions, versions and components of the Product and are in addition to the provisions of Sections 2 and 3. If any provision of the Special Terms applicable to the Product conflicts with any other provision of this License, then the provision of the Special Terms will supersede and control.
4.1 ADDITIONAL LICENSE TERMS APPLICABLE TO PRODUCT LICENSED FOR EDUCATIONAL USE
Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you may exercise your rights under this license to use the Product and to create Works solely for your own personal use in providing or receiving instruction within the limited scope of guided computer programming and/or software training course(s) in which you are a direct and personal participant, either as student or instructor ("Course(s)"). You may only reproduce, distribute and use Works, in source or object code form, to other participants of the Courses and then only for educational or training purposes. You may not use the Products or Works created with the Product for any commercial, business, governmental or institutional purpose of any kind, except to the extent you are an instructor teaching a Course. All rights not specifically granted to you herein are retained by jProductivity.
4.2 ADDITIONAL LICENSE TERMS APPLICABLE TO THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Certain components of the Product use or incorporate third-party software programs and/or libraries ("Third-Party Software") which are loaded (in both object and source code form) on the Product media. You agree that jProductivity’s third-party licensors and suppliers are intended third party beneficiaries of all terms and conditions of this License intended to protect intellectual property rights in the Product (including the Third-Party Software) and limit certain uses thereof.
4.3 ADDITIONAL LICENSE TERMS APPLICABLE TO UPGRADES
If you have acquired an upgrade version of the Product, such upgrade constitutes a single product together with the copy of the Product that you upgraded. This means that, although you may have two sets of Product media, you still have only one license. Therefore, you may not transfer the original copy of the Product to any other party.
4.4 ADDITIONAL LICENSE TERMS APPLICABLE TO TERM LICENSES
If you have acquired a license for the Product that contains a limited term, for example an Evaluation License, the Product contains a time-out feature that disables its operation after the expiration of the term. Applications that you create during the term may require the Product in order to run. Upon expiration of the term, those applications may no longer run. You should therefore take precautions to avoid any loss of data that might result.
5. Limitations. You may not: (a) modify, adapt, alter, translate, or create derivative works of the Product or merge the Product with other software other than as described in the Product's accompanying documentation or as approved of in writing by jProductivity; (b) lease, rent or loan the Product to any third party; (c) sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Product or any component thereof to any third party except as expressly authorized in this Agreement; (d) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Product; (e) remove, alter, or obscure any confidentiality or proprietary notices (including copyright and trademark notices) of jProductivity or its licensors or suppliers on the Product; (f) allow third parties to access or use the Product including but not limited to in a time-sharing arrangement or operating the Product as part of a service bureau or, except as expressly authorized under Sections 2, 3 or 4, otherwise for the use or benefit of third parties; (g) reproduce or use the Product except as expressly authorized under Sections 2, 3 or 4; or (h) disclose or publish performance benchmark results for the Product. The rights granted under this License apply only to this Product. You must procure a separate license to use other jProductivity software. Furthermore, you may not permit your End Users to conduct the restricted activities limited by items (a) through (e), (g) and (h) above insofar as they apply to Redistributables, and such End User's sublicense rights to the Redistributables are conditioned upon compliance with such limitations. The limitations in this Section 5 apply equally to your use of the Product, in whole or in part, including any component or Redistributable.
6. LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER. jProductivity warrants to you, the original purchaser and to no other party, that any physical media included with the Product, as and when provided to you, will be free of physical defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days after the date that you initially acquire the Product. Your exclusive remedy and jProductivity ‘s sole liability for breach of this warranty is that jProductivity will replace any defective media returned to jProductivity within the ninety (90) day warranty period. This warranty does not apply to damages resulting from misuse, abuse or neglect. Any replacement media will be warranted as above for the remainder of the original warranty period or twenty (20) days from the date we ship it to you, whichever is longer. EXCEPT FOR THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY, THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. JPRODUCTIVITY HEREBY EXCLUDES AND DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, RESULTS, EFFORTS OR QUIET ENJOYMENT. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE PRODUCT WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED USING THE PRODUCT. TO THE EXTENT THAT JPRODUCTIVITY MAY NOT DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH LAW.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
7. SERVICES; UPDATES; PRODUCT CHANGES. jProductivity is not required under this License to provide any installation, training or other services to you. Such services, if available, must be purchased separately. If, pursuant to a separate support agreement or otherwise, jProductivity provides you with a new release, error correction, update, upgrade or other modification to the Product, such modification will be deemed part of the Product, and subject to the terms of this License, unless the modification is expressly provided subject to a separate license agreement. jProductivity reserves the right at any time not to release or to discontinue release of any Product and to alter prices, features, specifications, capabilities, functions, licensing terms, release dates, general availability or other characteristics of any future releases of the Product.
8. Confidentiality. You acknowledge that the Product in source code form remains a confidential trade secret of jProductivity. You agree to hold this information in confidence, not disclose it to any person, and not use it for any purpose other than the use and operation of the Product as permitted under this License.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL JPRODUCTIVITY BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY OR DATA, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS LICENSE OR THE PRODUCT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, IN TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF JPRODUCTIVITY KNEW, SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. JPRODUCTIVITY’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS LICENSE OR THE PRODUCT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED THE FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU UNDER THIS LICENSE. THIS SECTION 10 WILL APPLY EVEN IF AN EXCLUSIVE REMEDY HEREUNDER HAS FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. TERM AND TERMINATION.
10.1 Term. The term of this License will begin as of the date that you receive the Product and will remain in effect unless terminated under this Section 12.
10.2 Termination for Convenience. You may terminate this License for any reason, or for no reason, by giving jProductivity five (5) days' written notice.
10.3 Termination for Cause. jProductivity may terminate this License if you breach your obligations hereunder. jProductivity will effect such termination by giving you notice of termination, specifying therein the alleged breach. If your breach is curable, you will have a grace period of thirty (30) days after such notice is served to cure the breach described therein. If the breach is cured within the thirty (30) day grace period, then this License will remain in effect; otherwise, this License will automatically terminate upon the conclusion of the thirty (30) day grace period.
10.4 Effect of Termination. Upon the termination of this License for any reason the following terms shall apply: (a) all rights granted under this License will immediately terminate and you must stop all use of the Product and any Redistributables; (b) you must return to jProductivity or destroy all copies of the Product provided to or made by you, and will, within ten (10) days after the effective date of termination, provide jProductivity with written certification that all such copies have been returned or destroyed; and (c) all provisions of this License with the exception of the licenses granted in Sections 2, 3 and 4, will survive termination of this License for any reason.
11. GENERAL PROVISIONS.
11.1 Canadian Transactions. If you are subject to Canadian law, you agree to the following:
The parties hereto have expressly required that the present License and its Exhibits be drawn up in the English language. / Les parties aux présentes, ont expressément exigé que la présente Convention et ses Annexes soient rédigées en langue anglaise.
11.2 Hazardous Uses. The Product is not intended for use in connection with any application requiring fail-safe performance such as the operation of nuclear power facilities, air traffic control or navigation systems, weapons control systems, life support systems, or any other system whose failure could lead to injury, death, environmental damage or mass destruction. You agree that jProductivity will have no liability of any nature, and you are solely responsible, for any expense, loss, injury or damage incurred as a result of such use of the Product.
11.3 Governing Law. This License will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of New York, without giving effect to any conflicts or choice of laws principles that would require the application of the laws of a different jurisdiction. The parties expressly exclude the application of the 1980 United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods (if applicable).
11.4 Entire License; Severability. This License constitutes the entire, final and exclusive agreement between you and jProductivity regarding the specific license transaction described herein. If any provision of this License is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remainder of the provisions of this License will remain in full force and effect.
11.5 Assignment. You may not transfer the Software media, assign this License or assign any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under this License, by operation of law or otherwise (including by merger, sale of assets or consolidation), without jProductivity’s prior written consent. Any attempted assignment in violation of this Section 13.5 will be void.
11.6 Export Control. You may not directly or indirectly transfer the Product, including its documentation, to any country if such transfer would be prohibited by applicable law, including the U.S. Export Administration Act and the regulations issued thereunder. You agree to the foregoing and you are representing and warranting that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country. You will be solely responsible for identifying and complying with all laws of any jurisdiction outside of the United States regarding the import, export or use of Products and technical data supplied by jProductivity. You will obtain at your own expense all licenses, permits or approvals required by any government to use the Product.
11.7 U.S. Government Rights. The Product is a "commercial item" as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation" as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, all U.S. Government end users acquire the Product with only those rights set forth in this License.
11.8 Waiver and Modifications. All waivers must be in writing. Any waiver or failure to enforce a provision of this License on one occasion shall not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or such provision on any other occasion. This License may only be amended by a written document signed by both parties.
If you have any questions about this License, please contact your jProductivity authorized reseller or jProductivity.
If you agree to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, please place a check in the "I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT" box below. This will be the legal equivalent of your signature on a written contract and the terms of this license shall be a legally binding agreement between you and jProductivity. You must agree to these terms and conditions in order to install and use the Product. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should press the "CANCEL" button below to exit this installation process, as jProductivity is unwilling to license the Product to you in such case, and you may return the Product within ten (10) days after you first received it to jProductivity or your jProductivity authorized reseller, along with its original packaging and proof-of-purchase, for a full refund.
275 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016