End user agreement for DrStopSpam
DrStopSpam: RevengeWare (tm)
License Information, Understandings & Agreement
TRIAL AND PURCHASE: This version of DrStopSpam is a 30 day trial program and is provided at no charge to the user for evaluation purposes only. This program is NOT freeware or public domain. Use after the 30 day trial period requires registration and a fee payment to unlock and continue using. The unregistered version has a time limitation and may have other built in limitations. See the Registration section of the program for how to obtain a personal license. The registered version may be installed on only ONE computer. The usage on multiple machines requires additional licenses.
The essence of 30 day Trial Software is to provide personal computer users a no risk opportunity to evaluate quality software without high prices. The registration fee will license one copy for use on any one computer at any one time. All purchasers of DrStopSpam will receive a registration key via email. Technical support is available via built in HelpFiles, FAQ, NewsGroups and email. In addition there is built in automated error reporting technology.
SUPPORT & ENHANCEMENTS: It will be understood that this program attempts to process incoming data of nearly infinIte format (Unique Spam emails). As a result, at times, the program will fail to be able to process some spam file texts. This will not be deemed unsuitable or unacceptible behavior for a program of this nature and so should be expected at times. There is built in reporting technology that will allow selected users to report failed analysis so that we can enhance and improve DrStopSpam. If you expect this program to analyze ALL spam 100% successfuly then STOP and do not install this program now.
UPDATES: DrStopspam may contain an automated update system. This may at times provide access to updates, created by the author, to enhance the program's ability to track down and report spam sources. The goal of this service is to keep the program current in a simple and easy fashion. This update feature is provided with a limited access period upon purchase of DrStopspam. DrStopSpam users may be permitted to extend this update service through the purchase of additional services. Because of the infinite varitey of spam possible, no gurantee is made that this will in any way make DrStopSpam, 100% accurate. Our goal will however be to keep the program as accurate as possible and meet the challenges of new spam techniques.
REASONABLE USAGE: Please use the program conservatively as it can and will erroneously diagnose some spam sources. Because of the limited and inconsistent sources of information on the internet, it is impossible to be 100% accurate. UNLIKE other programs that make a "guess" after reading the headers of your Spam Message, DrStopSpam connects to the internet and contacts dozens of computers and on-line databases to make a REAL EFFORT to find the spam sources and the RIGHT PEOPLE to complain to!
You have the right to test this program for a period of up to one month. You are allowed to copy this Trial-version (and ONLY the Trial version) and give it to any other person, as long as it is not modified in any way. It is understood than changing, adding or removing of any files of this package without the author's written permission is not permitted. You are NOT allowed to pack this program together with a commercial program or a book. You are encouraged to put this program on as many BBS systems as possible. The distribution on CD-ROM is also permitted, as long as the original files are not changed in any way. Please contact the author if you want to distribute the program in any other way. Use of this software after the trial period of up to one month is in violation of international Copyright law! It is also unfair to the author, who has spent many, many hours developing this program.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM'S POWER CONSERVATIVELY: using DrStopSpam's spam reporting system you agree to follow the following rules for its proper use.
1. You are solely responsible for your actions while using this Software.
2. You should use spam reporting only on email which is unsolicited, commercial email. This is email whereby the sender finds your address in some nefarious way (Harvesting addresses from web-sites or public discussion forums) and then asks you to request removal if you do not want to receive email. You should not use this for reporting Opt-in email, email that you have signed up to receive.
3. You take full responsibility and assume all liability for email you send using DrStopSpam's spam reporting capabilities.
DISCLAIMER And Licence
Please read the following lines carefully before using this software.
21Century-Ecommerce (and author Dr Joseph A Ross) tried to keep this software as bug-free as possible. It shall be agreed that no software ever is completely error free, and the number of errors increases with the complexity of the program. That's why we cannot guarantee that this software will run in every environment, on any Windows compatible machine, together with any other application, without producing errors. Any liability for damage of any sort is hereby denied. In any case, the liability is limited to the Total sum of $5.00 but only within 30 days of purchase. There are no offers of refunds since you should know if the product is one you desire within the trial period offered. Should you detect errors before registration, you accept them if you register. Any communication and description of bugs will be accepted, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to correct them.
DrStopSpam was written utilizing Visual Basic 6.0 SP5 (32 bit, 1987-1999 by Microsoft).
CONTINUED END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR DrStopSpam
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This DrStopSpam End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and 21Century-Ecommerce for the DrStopSpam software product identified above. This product may include computer software and associated media and printed materials, "online" or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT" or "SOFTWARE"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install, copy, or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is copyrighted and protected by copyright laws and other intellectual property laws. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following
* Software Product. You may install and use the enclosed SOFTWARE PRODUCT on your computer to track down and file complaints about Spam sent to you or others.
* Distribution Requirements. You may copy and redistribute the unregistered Trial Version of this program only. The licensed version or any registration keys must remain private and on your computer only. Sharing of this information will be punishable by applicable laws governing the infringment of copyright materials.
2. COPYRIGHT. All rights, title, and interest in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including, but not limited to, any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT) and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by 21century-Ecommerce and its author. You may not copy the printed materials, if any, accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
3. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
* Limitations on Reverse-Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse-engineer, decompile or
disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
* Rental. You may not rent or lease the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
* Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, 21Century-Ecommerce may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
If you acquired this product in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of New York.
If this product was acquired outside the United States, local law may apply.
NO WARRANTIES. 21Century-Ecommerce expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any related documentation are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT remains with you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. 21Century-Ecommerce's entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this EULA shall not exceed five dollars (US$5.00).
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Unless otherwise required by law, applicable to this agreement, in no event shall 21Century-Ecommerce, its author or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profit, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of, or inability to use, this 21Century-Ecommerce product, even if 21Century-Ecommerce has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.