End user agreement for TPD Picture Resizer Pro
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
By accepting this license you agree not to hold The Professional Developer or any of its employees responsible or liable for any and all copyright infringements when using this product. Ex. Copying images from the internet or any other place that images can be used.
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This The Professional Developer End-User License Agreement (âEULAâ) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and The Professional Developer for The Professional Developer software for which this EULA is attached, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and âonlineâ or electronic documentation (âSOFTWARE PRODUCTâ). The SOFTWARE PRODUCT also includes any updates and supplements to the original SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to you by The Professional Developer. Any software provided along with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT that is associated with a separate end-user license agreement is licensed to you under the terms of that license agreement. By accessing or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT; you may, however, return it to your place of purchase for a full refund.
Software PRODUCT LICENSE
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
Â· Applications Software. You may only install, access, and run (âRUNâ) one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any prior version of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for the same operating system, on a single personal computer, (âCOMPUTERâ) for your personal, noncommercial use. If not prevented by copy protection technology, the primary user of the COMPUTER on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive and personal noncommercial use on a portable computer.
Â· Editors. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT contains a software Editor, or a software Editor is made available to you by The Professional Developer for use with the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you may use the Editor only in conjunction with that content specifically identified in the documentation for use with the Editor. If no content files are identified, you may not use content or other files from the SOFTWARE PRODUCT with the Editor. You may reproduce and share files or scripts created with the Editor with friends or family on a non-commercial basis only. The Professional Developer does not grant you the right to sell or otherwise distribute files from the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in exchange for value.
Â· Storage/Network Use. If not prevented by copy protection technology, you may also store or install a copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a storage device, such as a network server, used only to RUN the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on your other COMPUTERS over an internal network; however, you must acquire and dedicate a license for each separate COMPUTER on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is RUN from the storage device. A license for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be shared or used concurrently on different COMPUTERS.
Â· Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by The Professional Developer.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
Â· Not for Resale Software. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is labeled âNot For Resaleâ or âNFR,â then, notwithstanding other sections of this EULA, your use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is limited to use for demonstration, test, or evaluation purposes and you may not resell, or otherwise transfer for value, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Â· Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
Â· Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one COMPUTER.
Â· Trademarks. This EULA does not grant you any rights in connection with any trademarks or service marks of The Professional Developer.
Â· Rental. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Â· Support Services. The Professional Developer may provide you with support services related to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (âSupport Servicesâ). Use of Support Services is governed by The Professional Developer policies and programs described in the user manual, in âonlineâ documentation, and/or in other The Professional Developer-provided materials. Any supplemental software code provided to you as part of the Support Services shall be considered part of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. With respect to technical information you provide to The Professional Developer as part of the Support Services, The Professional Developer may use such information for its business purposes, including for product support and development. The Professional Developer will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies you.
Â· Software Transfer. The initial licensee of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and SOFTWARE PRODUCT only directly to an end user. This transfer must include all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). Such transfer may not be by way of consignment or any other indirect transfer. The transferee of such one-time transfer must agree to comply with the terms of this EULA, including the obligation not to further transfer this EULA and SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Â· Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, The Professional Developer may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
3. UPGRADES. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is labeled as an upgrade, you must be properly licensed to use a product identified by The Professional Developer as being eligible for the upgrade in order to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. A SOFTWARE PRODUCT labeled as an upgrade replaces and/or supplements (and may disable) the product that formed the basis for your eligibility for the upgrade. You may use the resulting upgraded product only in accordance with the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade of a component of a package of software programs that you licensed as a single product, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be used and transferred only as part of that single product package and may not be separated for use on more than one COMPUTER.
4. COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and âappletsâ incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by The Professional Developer or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content. If this SOFTWARE PRODUCT contains documentation which is provided only in electronic form, you may print one copy of such electronic documentation. You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
5. DUAL-MEDIA SOFTWARE. You may receive the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in more than one medium. Regardless of the type or size of medium you receive, you may use only one medium that is appropriate for your single COMPUTER. You may not RUN the other medium on another COMPUTER. You may not loan, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer the other medium to another user, except as part of the permanent transfer (as provided above) of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
6. COPY PROTECTION. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may require the original media for use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on the COMPUTER and/or employ copy protection technology to prevent the unauthorized copying of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. It is illegal to make unauthorized copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or circumvent any copy protection technology employed in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
7. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. All SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued on or after December 1, 1995 is provided with the commercial rights and restrictions described elsewhere herein. All SOFTWARE PRODUCT provided to the U.S. Government pursuant to solicitations issued prior to December 1, 1995 is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS as provided for in FAR, 48 CFR 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987) or FAR, 48 CFR 252.227-7013 (OCT 1988), as applicable.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is subject to U.S. export jurisdiction. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments. For additional information, see http://www.TheProDev.com
If you acquired this SOFTWARE PRODUCT in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky. If you acquired this SOFTWARE PRODUCT in Canada, unless expressly prohibited by local law, this EULA is governed by the laws in force in the Province of Ontario, Canada; and, in respect of any dispute which may arise hereunder, you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and provincial courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario. If this SOFTWARE PRODUCT was acquired outside the United States, then local law may apply.
Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact The Professional Developer for any reason, please contact The Professional Developer subsidiary serving your country, or write: The Professional Developer Sales Information, 23 Mossy Creek CT W, Elizabethtown, KY, 42701.
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE PRODUCTS ACQUIRED IN THE US AND CANADA. The Professional Developer warrants that (a) the SOFTWARE PRODUCT will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written or electronic materials for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of receipt, and (b) any Support Services provided by The Professional Developer shall be substantially as described in applicable written or electronic materials provided to you by The Professional Developer, and The Professional Developer support engineers will make commercially reasonable efforts to solve any problem issues. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow limitations on duration of an implied warranty, so the above limitation may not apply to you. To the extent allowed by applicable law, implied warranties on the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, if any, are limited to ninety (90) days.
CUSTOMER REMEDIES. The Professional Developer's and its suppliers' entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be, at The Professional Developer's option, either (a) return of the price paid, if any, or (b) repair or replacement of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT that does not meet The Professional Developer's Limited Warranty and which is returned to The Professional Developer with a copy of your receipt. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication. Any replacement SOFTWARE PRODUCT will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer. Outside the United States, neither these remedies nor any product support services offered by The Professional Developer are available without proof of purchase from an authorized international source.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, The Professional Developer and its suppliers disclaim all other warranties and conditions, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement, with regard to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, and the provision of or failure to provide Support Services. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have others, which vary from state/jurisdiction to state/jurisdiction.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall The Professional Developer or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or the provision of or failure to provide Support Services, even if The Professional Developer has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, The Professional Developer's entire liability under any provision of this EULA shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or U.S.$5.00; provided, however, if you have entered into a The Professional Developer Support Services Agreement, The Professional Developer's entire liability regarding Support Services shall be governed by the terms of that agreement. Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, the above limitation may not apply to you.