End user agreement for WordBanker Test Mate
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR DEREK NEWARK SOFTWARE.
ALL MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROTECTED BY INTERNATIONAL COPYRITE AND MUST NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE USED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF DEREK NEWARK
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
The Software Product is protected by intellectual property laws and treaties. The Software Product is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This Section of the EULA describes Your general rights to install and use the Software Product The license rights described in this Section are subject to all other terms and conditions of this EULA.
General License Grant to Install and Use Software Product. You may install and use one copy of the Software Product on a single computer, device, workstation, terminal, or other digital electronic or analog device ("Device"). You may make a second copy of the Software Product and install it on a portable Device for the exclusive use of the person who is the primary user of the first copy of the Software Product. A license for the Software Product may not be shared.
Alternative License Grant for Storage/Network Use. As an alternative to the rights granted in the previous section, You may install a copy of the Software Product on one storage Device, such as a network server, and allow individuals within Your business or enterprise to access and use the Software Product from other Devices over a private network, provided that You acquire and dedicate a license for the storage Device upon which the Software Product is installed and each separate Device from which the Software Product is accessed and used. A license for the Software Product may not be used concurrently on different Devices.
Additional License Grant for Media Elements. The Software Product may include certain photographs, clip art, animations, sounds, music and video clips (together "Media Elements"). If so, the following terms describe Your rights to the Media Elements:
· Except as specified in the next Section, You may use, copy and modify the Media Elements and distribute copies of the Media Elements, along with Your modifications, as part of Your software product(s) and service(s), including Your web site(s).
· You are not licensed to do any of the following:
· You may not sell, license or distribute copies of the Media Elements on a stand-alone basis or as part of any collection, product or service where the primary value of the product or service are the Media Elements.
· You may not use or distribute any of the Media Elements that include representations of identifiable individuals, governments, logos, initials, emblems, trademarks, or entities for any commercial purposes or to express or imply any endorsement or association with any product, service, entity, or activity.
· You may not create obscene or scandalous works, as defined by federal law at the time the work is created, using the Media Elements.
· You must indemnify, hold harmless, and defend DEREK NEWARK from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys' fees, that arise from or result from the use or distribution of Media Elements as modified by You.
· You may not permit third parties to distribute copies of the Media Elements.
Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by DEREK NEWARK.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
Copy Protection. The Software Product may include copy protection technology to prevent the unauthorized copying of the Software Product or may require original media for use of the Software Product on the Device. It is illegal to make unauthorized copies of the Software Product or to circumvent any copy protection technology included in the Software Product.
Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software Product, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
Separation of Component Parts. The Software Product is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one Device unless expressly permitted by this EULA.
Trademarks. This EULA does not grant You any rights in connection with any trademarks or service marks of DEREK NEWARK.
No rental, leasing or commercial hosting. You may not rent, lease, lend or provide commercial hosting services to third parties with the Software Product.
Support Services. DEREK NEWARK may provide You with support services related to the Software Product ("Support Services"). Use of Support Services is governed by the DEREK NEWARK policies and programs described in the user manual, in "online" documentation, or in other DEREK NEWARK-provided materials. Any supplemental software code provided to You as part of the Support Services are considered part of the Software Product and subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA. You acknowledge and agree that DEREK NEWARK may use technical information You provide to DEREK NEWARK as part of the Support Services for its business purposes, including for product support and development. DEREK NEWARK will not utilize such technical information in a form that personally identifies You.
Software Transfer. Except as specified in this Section, the initial licensee of the Software Product may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and Software Product only directly to an end user. This transfer must include all of the Software Product (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). Such transfer may not be by way of consignment or any other indirect transfer. The transferee of such one-time transfer must agree to comply with the terms of this EULA, including the obligation not to further transfer this EULA and Software Product. Subscription Products are non-transferable.
Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, DEREK NEWARK may terminate this EULA if You fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, You must destroy all copies of the Software Product and all of its component parts.
Standard Software Product. If the Software Product is labeled as an upgrade, You must be properly licensed to use a product identified by DEREK NEWARK as being eligible for the upgrade in order to use the Software Product. A Software Product labeled as an upgrade replaces or supplements (and may disable) the product that formed the basis for Your eligibility for the upgrade. You may use the resulting upgraded product only in accordance with the terms of this EULA. If the Software Product is an upgrade of a component of a package of software programs that You licensed as a single product, the Software Product may be used and transferred only as part of that single product package and may not be separated for use on more than one Device.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the Software Product (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the Software Product), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the Software Product are owned by DEREK NEWARK or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content that is not contained in the Software Product, but may be accessed through use of the Software Product, is the property of the respective content owners and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants You no rights to use such content. If this Software Product contains documentation that is provided only in electronic form, you may print one copy of such electronic documentation. You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the Software Product.
5. BACKUP COPY. After installation of one copy of the Software Product pursuant to this EULA, you may keep the original media on which the Software Product was provided by DEREK NEWARK solely for backup or archival purposes. If the original media is required to use the Software Product on the Device, you may make one copy of the Software Product solely for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly provided in this EULA, you may not otherwise make copies of the Software Product or the printed materials accompanying the Software Product.
6. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Software Product is of U.K. origin. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the Software Product, including the U.K. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by U.K. and other governments.
7. APPLICABLE LAW.
This EULA is governed by the laws of the UK. Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact DEREK NEWARK for any reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. DEREK NEWARK PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE AND SUPPORT SERVICES (IF ANY) AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OR RESPONSES, OF RESULTS, OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF LACK OF VIRUSES AND OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, ALL WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, AND THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE.
9. WORDBANKER TEST MATE IS OFFERED COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE TO PRIVATE USERS AND EDUCATIONAL ORGANISATIONS BUT DEREK NEWARK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHARGE FOR IT IN THE FUTURE.
10. EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL DEREK NEWARK BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF DEREK NEWARK OR ANY SUPPLIER, AND EVEN IF DEREK NEWARK OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED ABOVE AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES), THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF DEREK NEWARK AND ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING (EXCEPT FOR ANY REMEDY OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT ELECTED BY DEREK NEWARK WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY) SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE OR £1.00. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS (INCLUDING SECTIONS 7, 8, AND 9 ABOVE) SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the Software Product) is the entire agreement between you and DEREK NEWARK relating to the Software Product and the support services (if any) and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Software Product or any other subject matter covered by this EULA. To the extent the terms of any DEREK NEWARK policies or programs for support services conflict with the terms of this EULA, the terms of this EULA shall control.