End user agreement for Alive Directory Uno
Alive Directory Uno License
Alive Directory End-User Software License Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BECOME BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
This is a legal agreement between you and Alive Directory. This Agreement states the terms and conditions upon which Alive Directory offers to license the software together with all related documentation and accompanying items including, but not limited to, the executable programs, drivers, libraries and data files associated with such programs (collectively, the "Software").
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. The Software is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms of this Agreement. This License Agreement is your proof of license to exercise the rights granted herein and must be retained by you. As between you and Alive Directory, Alive Directory retains all title to and ownership of the Software and reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. Alive Directory grants to you the right to use all or a portion of this Software provided that (a) the Software is not distributed for profit; (b) the Software may NOT be modified by you; (c) all copyright notices are maintained on the Software; and (d) the licensee/end user agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
2. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is a proprietary product of Alive Directory and is protected by copyright law. You acquire only the right to use the SOFTWARE and do not acquire any rights of ownership. You agree not to remove any product identification, copyright notices, or other notices or proprietary restrictions from the SOFTWARE. You agree not to cause or permit the reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompilation of the SOFTWARE.
3. MODIFICATIONS OF SOFTWARE. You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Software. You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the written materials without the prior written consent of Alive Directory.
4. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. Alive Directory is providing this SOFTWARE on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind; Alive Directory disclaims all express and implied warranties, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. TRANSFER OF LICENSE. You may not transfer your license of the Software to a third party.
6. LIMITATIONS on Using, Copying, and Modifying the Software. Except to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement or by the laws of the jurisdiction where you acquired the Software, you may not use, copy or modify the Software, which resides on a Alive Directory server. Nor may you sub-license any of your rights under this Agreement.
7. TERM/TERMINATION. This Agreement is effective upon purchase and/or use and shall remain in force until terminated. The license granted to you is effective until terminated. Usernames and passwords will be disabled upon termination.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY YOU. If you distribute the Software in violation of this Agreement, you hereby indemnify, hold harmless and defend Alive Directory from and against any and all claims or lawsuits, including attorney's fees and costs that arise, result from or are connected with the use or distribution of the Software in violation of this Agreement.
This Agreement is binding on you as well as your employees, employers, contractors and agents, and on any successors and assignees. Neither the Software nor any information derived therefrom may be exported except in accordance with the laws of the U.S. or other applicable provisions. This Agreement supersedes any other understandings or agreements, including, but not limited to, advertising, with respect to the Software.