End user agreement for Digital Guitar Tuner
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE UPGRADING, COPYING, INSTALLING, OR USING SOFTWARE FROM AEON GROUP spol. s r.o. (“AEON GROUP ”).
WHEREAS, AEON GROUP is a vendor of software products, and
WHEREAS, the individual or entity using this product (“User”) desires to obtain the rights to use this product,
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises contained herein, and for good and valuable consideration, AEON GROUP and User agree that the foregoing recitals are true and correct, and agree as follows.
1. The Software
Computer software products owned by AEON GROUP, and computer software products owned by suppliers of AEON GROUP, distributed by AEON GROUP under agreement with the owners of such software, which software products have been offered by AEON GROUP as Freeware, i.e. available for use without payment of licensing fees.
THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT SPYWARE OR ADWARE. IT WILL NOT WATCH HOW YOU USE YOUR COMPUTER. IT WILL NOT DELIVER POP-UP ADS. IT WILL NOT COLLECT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOU OR YOUR COMPUTER.
2. Media Fees
Such fees as may be charged by AEON GROUP to User, or by User to third parties, to compensate for the cost of the media used to transfer the Software.
The right for User to use the Software pursuant to the terms and conditions defined herein. The absence of a license fee shall in no way be an indication of a willingness or desire on the part of AEON GROUP to place the Software in the public domain. AEON GROUP intends to retain, and does retain, all intellectual property and ownership rights in the Software.
4. Shrinkwrap Agreement
The unsigned agreement distributed with the Software defining the standard terms and conditions under which the Software is distributed and license granted.
II. Acceptance Of Terms
1. This agreement shall be accepted by User upon User’s performance of any of the following acts:
1. Installation, copying, or use of the Software on one or more of User’s computers;
2. Distribution of the Software to any party other than AEON GROUP ;
3. Retention of installable version of the Software for more than fifteen (15) days; or
4. Any other act not consistent with non-acceptance of the terms and conditions recited herein.
2. If User does not accept the terms and conditions recited herein, User shall delete, return, and/or discard any files, data, or materials associated with the Software.
3. If User has a License Agreement executed by an authorized representative of AEON GROUP (and “Executed Agreement”) containing one or more terms and conditions which are inconsistent with the terms and conditions contained in the shrinkwrap license, then to the extent necessary, the terms and conditions of the Executed Agreement shall supersede those of the shrinkwrap license.
III. Scope of Use
1. User may use the Software on an unlimited number of computers.
2. User may distribute the Software to third-parties only where such third-parties are aware of, and agree to be bound by, the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. Such distribution shall include all files associated with the Software.
3. User may only use the Software in accordance with its intended use as documented by AEON GROUP and distributed along with the Software.
4. The Software may not be used to support any third party product without the express written consent of an authorized representative of AEON GROUP.
5. User may not modify the Software, any accompanying documentation, or any file utilized in the delivery or distribution of the Software or any accompanying documentation, without the express written consent of an authorized representative of AEON GROUP.
6. User may not reverse engineer, decompile, nor take any other steps consistent with an attempt to reveal any confidential, trade secret, or other non-public information associated with the Software. Further, User may not assist any other party attempting to reverse engineer, decompile, nor take any other steps consistent with an attempt to reveal any confidential, trade secret, or other non-public information associated with the Software. Should User become aware of any activity in violation of this term, whether or not under User’s control or authorization, User will inform AEON GROUP of such activity and assist AEON GROUP in terminating such activity and protecting its threatened rights.
7. User may not sell, rent, lease, or otherwise charge for the distribution, installation, copying, or storage of the Software, other than a media fee as defined herein.
IV. TERM AND TERMINATION
The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall remain effective until this Agreement is terminated. Termination may be affected as follows:
User may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of the Software, as indicated below.
Upon termination of this Agreement, User shall return, delete, or destroy all copies of the Software, or any portion of the Software, remaining in User’s possession or under User’s control, including all distribution media containing distributable copies of all or any portion of the software.
V. OWNERSHIP AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
AEON GROUP or its licensors own the Software under copyright, trade secret and all other laws that may apply. The source code of the Software and all information regarding the design, structure or internal operation of the Software are valuable trade secrets of AEON GROUP or third parties with which AEON GROUP has licensing arrangements ("Confidential Information"), provided however, that "Confidential Information" shall not include information which otherwise would be Confidential Information to the extent that such information was publicly known or otherwise known to User previously to the time of disclosure, which subsequently became known through no act or omission by User, or which otherwise became known to User other than through disclosure by AEON GROUP without violation of any party's obligations to AEON GROUP. User shall not sell, transfer, publish, disclose, display or otherwise permit access to any Confidential Information by any third party, nor use any of the Confidential Information, except strictly as part of the Software in the form originally distributed by AEON GROUP .
VI. Disclaimer of Warranty
The software and related documentation are provided "as is", without warranty of any kind. AEON GROUP, spol. s r.o. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of design, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose. AEON GROUP, spol. s r.o. does not warrant that the functions contained in the software or documentation will meet User’s requirements, or that the operation of the software will be error-free, complete, or that defects in the software or documentation will be corrected.
VII. Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall AEON GROUP, spol. s r.o., nor any other person or entity involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the Software be liable for any lost revenue or profits or any incidental, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result from the use or inability to use the Software or related products or documentation, even if AEON GROUP, spol. s r.o., has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply. In no event shall AEON GROUP's total liability to User for all damages, losses, and causes of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, exceed the amount paid for the software, including media fees.
VIII. HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES
The Software is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use on equipment or software running in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, including but not limited to the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Software could contribute to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities"). AEON GROUP AND ITS SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OF THE SOFTWARE FOR HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES. AEON GROUP DOES NOT AUTHORIZE USE OF THE SOFTWARE FOR ANY HIGH RISK ACTIVITY. USER AGREES TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY AEON GROUP, AND HOLD AEON GROUP HARMLESS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, COSTS JUDGMENTS AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH USE IN RELATION TO ANY HIGH RISK ACTIVITY OF ANY COPY OF THE SOFTWARE RELATING TO THIS LICENSE.
IX. GENERAL TERMS
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between User and AEON GROUP in regard to the subject matter herein, and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, written or oral between the parties. No amendment of this Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of both parties.
2. NON-WAIVER. Waiver by AEON GROUP of any violation of any provision of this License shall not be deemed to waive any further or future violation of the same or any other provision.
3. LAW AND JURISDICTION. This License and any dispute relating to the Software or to this License shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the laws of the State of Nevada, without regard to U.S. or Nevada choice of law rules. User agrees and consents that jurisdiction and proper venue for all claims, actions and proceedings of any kind relating to AEON GROUP or the matters in this License shall be exclusively in courts located in Las Vegas, Nevada. If a court with the necessary subject matter jurisdiction over a given matter cannot be found in Las Vegas, then jurisdiction for that matter shall be exclusively in a court with the proper jurisdiction as close to Banska Bystrica, Slovakia, as possible, and within Slovakia if possible.
4. SEVERABILITY. If any part or provision of this License is held to be unenforceable for any purpose, including but not limited to public policy grounds, then both parties agree that the remainder of the License shall be fully enforceable as if the unenforceable part or provision never existed.
5. NON-ASSIGNMENT. User may not assign this License without the prior written consent of AEON GROUP, except, where User is a commercial entity, as part of a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of User’s business.
6. NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES. There are no third party beneficiaries of any promises, obligations or representations made by AEON GROUP herein.
7. HEIRS AND ASSIGNS. This Agreement shall be binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns of the parties hereto, but nothing in this paragraph shall be construed as a consent by AEON GROUP to any assignment of this agreement except as provided hereinabove.