End user agreement for PeerMe
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE OR ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SOFTWARE”).
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) GOVERN USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU AND PEERME, INC. (“PEERME”) HAVE EXECUTED A SEPARATE AGREEMENT.
PeerMe is willing to license the Software to you only upon the condition that you accept all the terms contained in this Agreement. By clicking on the “I accept” button below or by downloading, installing or using the Software, you have indicated that you understand this Agreement and accept all of its terms. If you do not accept all the terms of this Agreement, then PeerMe is unwilling to license the Software to you.
1. Grant of License. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, PeerMe grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license for a single user to install and use the executable form of the Software on a single computer, solely for your internal non commercial, personal use. You may make a single copy of the Software for backup purposes, provided that you reproduce on it all copyright and other proprietary notices that are on the original copy of the Software. PeerMe reserves all rights in the Software not expressly granted to you in this Agreement. You will not be able to download the Software if you do not meet PeerMe’s minimum system requirements which are described at http://www.PeerMe.com/download.php.
2. Restrictions. Except as expressly specified in this Agreement, you may not: (a) copy or modify the Software; (b) transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the Software to any third party; or (c) make the functionality of the Software available to multiple users through any means, including, without, limitation, by uploading the Software to a network or file-sharing service or through any hosting, application services provider, service bureau or any other type of services. You acknowledge and agree that portions of the Software, including, without limitation, the source code and the specific design and structure of individual modules or programs, constitute or contain trade secrets of PeerMe and its licensors. Accordingly, you agree not to disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer the Software, in whole or in part, or permit or authorize a third party to do so, except to the extent such activities are expressly permitted by law notwithstanding this prohibition.
3. Ownership. The Software is licensed, not sold. You own the media on which the Software is recorded, but PeerMe retains ownership of the Software, including all intellectual property rights therein. The Software is protected by United States copyright law and international treaties. You will not delete or in any manner alter the copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights notices or markings appearing on the Software as provided to you.
4. Term. This Agreement remains effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time by destroying all copies of the Software in your possession or control. This Agreement will automatically terminate without notice if you breach any term of this Agreement. Upon termination, you must promptly destroy all copies of the Software in your possession or control.
5. Limited Warranty. The Software is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. PeerMe does not warrant that the Software will meet your requirements, that the Software will operate in the combinations that you may select for use, that the operation of the Software will be error-free or uninterrupted, or that all Software errors will be corrected.
6. DISCLAIMER. PEERME EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM PEERME OR ELSEWHERE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty last, so the above limitation may not apply to you. All warranties implied by statute are limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above.
7. Limitation of Liability. PEERME’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FROM ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO AND WILL NOT EXCEED $100.00. IN NO EVENT WILL PEERME BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) OR FOR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT PEERME HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
8. Government Users. Any use, duplication, or disclosure of the Software by the U.S. government is subject to restrictions as set forth in this Agreement and as provided in DFARS 227.7202-1(a) and 227.7202-3(a) (1995), DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) (OCT 1988), FAR 12.212(a) (1995), FAR 52.227-19, or FAR 52.227-14 (ALT III), as applicable. PeerMe, Inc., 2115 Landings Drive, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
9. Export Law. You agree to comply fully with all U.S. export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the Software nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof are exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
10. General. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to or application of conflicts of law rules or principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any rights granted hereunder, by operation of law or otherwise, without PeerMe’s prior written consent, and any attempt by you to do so, without such consent, will be void and of no effect. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under this Agreement will be without prejudice to its other remedies under this Agreement or otherwise. All notices or approvals required or permitted under this Agreement will be in writing and delivered by confirmed facsimile transmission, by overnight delivery service, or by certified mail, and in each instance will be deemed given upon receipt. All notices or approvals will be sent to the addresses as may be specified by either party to the other in accordance with this section. The failure by either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. Any waiver, modification or amendment of any provision of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between the parties regarding its subject matter, and supersedes all proposals, understandings or communications between the parties, oral or written, regarding its subject matter, unless you and PeerMe have executed a separate agreement.
11. Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, you may contact PeerMe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU AGREE TO THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND DESIRE TO INSTALL AND USE THE SOFTWARE, PLEASE CLICK THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW. OTHERWISE, PLEASE CLICK THE “I DO NOT ACCEPT” BUTTON AND THE INSTALLATION PROCESS WILL STOP.
I DO NOT ACCEPT