End user agreement for Messaging Peer For PHP
End User License Agreement
READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE AND READING THE USER MANUAL. THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT REPRESENTS THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT CONCERNING THE PROGRAM BETWEEN YOU AND COGNITIER, INC. (REFERRED TO AS LICENSOR), AND IT SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR PROPOSAL, REPRESENTATION, OR UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE PARTIES. BY INSTALLING THE PROGRAM, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD CANCEL THE INSTALLATION.
1. License Grant. Licensor hereby grants to you, and you accept, a non- exclusive license to use the Program Media and the computer software contained therein in object-code-only form (collectively referred to as the Software), and the accompanying User Documentation, only as authorized in this License Agreement. The Software may be used only on a single computer owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by you; or in the event of the inoperability of that computer, on a backup computer selected by you. Neither concurrent use on two or more computers nor use in a local area network or other network is authorized without the advance written consent of Licensor and the payment of additional license fees. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense, transfer, pledge, lease, rent, or share your rights under this License Agreement.
Upon loading the Software into your computer, you may retain the Program Media for backup purposes. In addition, you may make one copy of the Program on a second set of media for the purpose of backup in the event that the Program Media are damaged or destroyed. You may make one copy of the User's Manual for backup purposes. Any such copies of the Program or the User's Manual shall include Licensor's copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as authorized under this paragraph, no copies of the Program or any portions thereof may be made by you or any person under your authority or control.
2. Licensor's Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Program consists of proprietary, unpublished products of Licensor, protected under U.S. copyright law and trade secret laws of general applicability. You further acknowledge and agree that all right, title, and interest in and to the Program are and shall remain with Licensor. This License Agreement does not convey to you an interest in or to the Program, but only a limited right of use revocable in accordance with the terms of this License Agreement. You further agree not to reverse engineer the software via decompilation nor any other means.
3. License Fees. The license fees paid by you are paid in consideration of the licenses granted under this License Agreement.
4. Term. This License Agreement is effective upon your installing of this program and shall continue until terminated. You may terminate this License Agreement at any time by returning the Program and all copies thereof and extracts there from to Licensor. Licensor may terminate this License Agreement upon the breach by you of any term hereof. Upon such termination by Licensor, you agree to return to Licensor the Program and all copies and portions thereof.
5. Limited Warranty. Licensor warrants, for your benefit alone, that the Program Media in which the computer software is embedded and the User's Manual shall, for a period of 90 days from the date of commencement of this License Agreement (referred to as the Warranty Period), be free from defects in material and workmanship. Licensor further warrants, for your benefit alone, that during the Warranty Period the Program shall operate substantially in accordance with the functional specifications in the User's Manual. If, during the Warranty Period, a defect in the Program appears, you may return the Program to Licensor for either replacement or, if so elected by Licensor, refund of amounts paid by you under this License Agreement. You agree that the foregoing constitutes your sole and exclusive remedy for breach by Licensor of any warranties made under this Agreement. EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH ABOVE, THE PROGRAM, AND THE SOFTWARE CONTAINED THEREIN, ARE LICENSED “AS IS,” AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. Limitation of Liability. Licensor's cumulative liability to you or any other party for any loss or damages resulting from any claims, demands, or actions arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall not exceed the license fee paid to Licensor for the use of the Program. In no event shall Licensor be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages or lost profits, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Trademark. Cognitier ® is a registered trademark of Licensor. No right, license, or interest to such trademark is granted hereunder, and you agree that no such right, license, or interest shall be asserted by you with respect to such trademark.
8. Governing Law. This License Agreement shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
9. Costs of Litigation. If any action is brought by either party to this License Agreement against the other party regarding the subject matter hereof, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any other relief granted, reasonable attorney fees and expenses of litigation.
10. Severability. Should any term of this License Agreement be declared void or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, such declaration shall have no effect on the remaining terms hereof.
11. No Waiver. The failure of either party to enforce any rights granted hereunder or to take action against the other party in the event of any breach hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver by that party as to subsequent enforcement of rights or subsequent actions in the event of future breaches.