End user agreement for VBubbles
VBubbles 6 for Visual Basic 6
This is an agreement between you, the end user, and Frederic Rufin. By installing, copying, distributing or using this software program, you agree to be bound by the terms of this license agreement.
This agreement applies any version of the software program Vbubbles, including all available editions and documentation, hereinafter referred to as the Software.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL, COPY, DISTRIBUTE OR USE THIS SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Frederic Rufin grants to you a nonexclusive right to install, copy, distribute and use this copy of the Software according to the terms set forth below.
2. VERSIONS. The Software is provided under the "Try before you buy" concept. An Evaluation Version is a copy of the Software with a limited use period and/or a limited set of features. The Evaluation Version is labeled with the word Evaluation and is provided for the purpose of evaluation. - A Full Version is a copy of the Software where some or all Evaluation Version limits on the use period and/or set of features have been lifted.
3. USE OF THE EVALUATION VERSION. Subject to these terms, you are hereby licensed to use the Evaluation Version for evaluation purposes without charge.
4. DISTRIBUTION OF THE EVALUATION VERSION. You may copy and distribute the Evaluation Version of the Software to anyone via any means provided that
a) you copy and distribute the complete, unmodified Evaluation Version as available from Frederic Rufin, AND
b) you don't copy or distribute any instructions or methods to turn the evaluation version to a Full Version, AND
c) you don't charge anything for the Evaluation Version, other than a reasonable cost for the storage media it is on.
Although not required, Frederic Rufin recommends that all distributors inform Frederic Rufin of their distribution of the Software.
5. USE OF THE FULL VERSION. Use of the Software for any other purposes than what is described above under the headings "Use of the Evaluation Version" and "Distribution of the Evaluation Version" requires a Full Version and valid license to use the Full Version.
A single user license permits one person to use the Software on one computer. Several persons may use the Software non-simultaneously provided that it is installed on one personal computer.
The single user license does not include use via a computer network by more than one person. You may use the Software via a computer network, provided that you have obtained one single user license for every user, whether the use is simultaneous or nonsimultaneous.
Unless otherwise indicated, your license is a single user license.
6. UPGRADES. Unless otherwise indicated, a valid license to use the Full Version includes the right to install free version updates, provided that the major version number has not changed. Before giving a free update, Frederic Rufin may require proof of purchase of a valid license. Frederic Rufin reserves the right to assign version numbers.
7. TRANSFERS. You may transfer a license to the Software to someone else provided that
a) you delete all installations of the Full Version, AND
b) you inform Frederic Rufin of the transfer, AND
c) you don't transfer, assign, rent, lease, sell or otherwise dispose of the Software on a temporary basis.
8. COPYRIGHT. The Software is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the Software is transferred to you.
9. REVERSE ENGINEERING AND CRACKING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, adapt, translate, copy, emulate, clone, or disassemble the Software in whole or in part. You also agree that you will not attempt to circumvent ("crack") any technical limitations on the period of use or available set of features of the Software, unless permitted by a valid license.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THIS SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING FILES ARE SOLD "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES AS TO PERFORMANCE OR MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Because of the various hardware and software environments into which the Software may be put, NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS OFFERED. The user must assume the entire risk of using the program. Frederic Rufin SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE EVEN IF AIVOSTO OY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMANGES. ANY LIABILITY OF AIVOSTO OY WILL BE LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO PRODUCT REPLACEMENT OR REFUND OF PURCHASE PRICE.
11. TERMINATION. This license is effective until terminated. This license will terminate automatically without notice from Frederic Rufin if you fail to comply with any provision of this license. Upon termination you shall destroy all the copies and installations of the Software, including modified copies, if any.
12. GOVERNING LAW. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Finland and shall benefit Frederic Rufin, its successors and assigns.
13. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
14. RESERVED RIGHTS. Frederic Rufin reserves the right to change the license terms at any time, in which case the new terms will apply to copies of the Software produced or obtained after the change.