End user agreement for RentMaster
RENTMASTER VERSION 2.10 LICENSE
NOTICE TO USER: PLEASE READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY. BY USING ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. YOU AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS ENFORCEABLE LIKE ANY WRITTEN NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT SIGNED BY YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU ACQUIRED THE SOFTWARE ON TANGIBLE MEDIA (e.g. CD) WITHOUT AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THIS LICENSE AND YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY OBTAIN A REFUND OF THE AMOUNT YOU ORIGINALLY PAID IF YOU: (A) DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE AND (B) RETURN IT, WITH PROOF OF PAYMENT, TO THE LOCATION FROM WHICH IT WAS OBTAINED WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF THE PURCHASE DATE.
If you do not agree to the terms of this license, do not install the Software.
1. SOFTWARE. The capitalized term "Software" refers to the computer program known as RentMaster version 2.10, the user's manual and Help file, any components, any related media and printed materials, and any related "online" or electronic documentation.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE. Evaluation Copy. If you acquired the license for the Software on an evaluation or trial basis, you may use the Software without charge for thirty (30) days from the day that you install the Software. You must pay the license fee and register your copy to continue to use the Software after the thirty (30) days evaluation period. To pay the license fee and register your copy, you should visit www.rentmaster.info or an authorized sales agent. For so long as the Software is the most current version of RentMaster Version 2.10 distributed by RentMaster Inc. or its authorized distributors, you may give exact copies of the evaluation Software to anyone. You may not charge any fee for the copy or use of the evaluation Software itself, but you may charge a distribution fee that is reasonably related to any cost you incur distributing the evaluation Software (e.g. packaging). You must not represent in any way that you are selling the Software itself. Your distribution of the evaluation Software will not entitle you to any compensation from RentMaster Inc. You must distribute a copy of this license with any copy of the Software and anyone to whom you distribute the Software is subject to this license. You may not remove any copyright, trademark or reservation of rights language displayed on, in or with the Software.
Registered Copy. When you purchase a license, you will be provided with a file containing your license key. You must save this file in the same folder where rentmaster.exe file is located within thirty (30) days of trial or purchase as prompted by the Software. The license key will work on one computer only. If the Software is installed on a network server or other storage device, you must obtain a license for each separate computer on which the Software is used. Some features of the registered version of the Software will be tied to the licensed user's information provided during the Software registration. An additional fee may be required to provide you with additional licenses. If you acquired the Software for a reduced price as an upgrade from a previous version of the Software, you may not use the previous version on a separate computer. You may also make one copy of the Software for back-up or archival purposes. Otherwise, you may not copy the Software in whole or in part.
3. RESTRICTIONS. You may not reduce the Software to human readable form, reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble, merge, adapt, or modify the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation. You may not rent, lease, or lend the Software.
4. SUPPORT SERVICES. RentMaster Inc. may provide you with support services related to the Software. Use of support services is governed by the user’s manual, online documentation, and other RentMaster Inc. materials, as they may be modified from time to time. RentMaster Inc. may use any information you provide as part of obtaining support services for its business purposes, including product support and development.
5. INFORMATION COLLECTION. The Software includes a feature that assigns a unique number to your computer based on system information. You must report this number to us in order to get a license, as well as the software product identification and version number, your full name and your company name, if applicable, during the registration.
6. TERMINATION. This license terminates if you fail to comply with its terms and conditions. If your license terminates, you must destroy all copies of the Software. The termination of this license does not limit RentMaster Inc.’s other rights it may have by law.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. You acknowledge that you have only the limited, non-exclusive right to use and copy the Software as expressly stated in this license and that RentMaster Inc. retains title to the Software and all other rights not expressly granted. You agree not to remove or modify any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary notices that appear, on, in or with the Software. The Software is protected by United States copyright, patent and trademark laws and international treaty provision.
8. NO WARRANTIES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOFTWARE AND ANY SUPPORT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPUTER PROGRAMS ARE INHERENTLY COMPLEX, AND THE SOFTWARE MAY NOT BE FREE OF ERRORS. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED WITH ALL FAULTS AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. RENTMASTER IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF RENTMASTER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNLESS APPLICABLE LAW PROVIDES OTHERWISE, RENTMASTER'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM RELATED TO YOUR PURCHASE OF A LICENSE FOR OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF U.S. $5.00 OR THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU.
11. U.S. GOVERNMENT. The Software is commercial computer software developed solely at private expense. The rights of civilian and non-civilian agencies of the U.S. Government to use, disclose and reproduce the Software are governed by the terms of this License. Publisher is RentMaster Inc., 3233 N San Fernando Rd., Ste. 7, Los Angeles, CA 90065, USA
12. MISCELLANEOUS. This license is governed by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. This license is not governed by the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. This license constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between us, notwithstanding any provision in any purchase order or other written document, except for our statement of the number of separate license fees for which you have paid as described in Section 2, above. This license may only be modified by a written document signed by RentMaster Inc. If any provision of this license is held to be unenforceable, the remainder of the license shall not be affected, and the unenforceable provision shall be reformed to the extent necessary to make the provision enforceable. If you are located outside the United States, then the following provision applies: Les parties aux présentés conferment leur volonté que cette convention de même que tous les documents y compris tout avis qui SHY rattaché, soient redigés en langue anglaise. (Translation: "The parties confirm that this Agreement and all related documentation is and will be in the English language.")
Should you have any questions concerning this license, or if you desire to contact RentMaster Inc. for any reason, please contact RentMaster, Inc. by mail at: 3233 N San Fernando Rd., Ste. 7, Los Angeles, CA 90065, USA, or by electronic mail at: email@example.com