End user agreement for Clean Disk 2010
End-User License Agreement
IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and AE Software Technologies for the AE Software Technologies software that accompanies this EULA, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, "online" or electronic documentation, and Internet-based services ("Software"). An amendment or addendum to this EULA may accompany the software. YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE SOFTWARE; YOU MAY RETURN IT TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND, IF APPLICABLE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. AE Software Technologies grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Software on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation Computer").
2. SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION. This software may be distributed freely on online services, bulletin boards, or any other electronic media as long as the files are distributed in their entirety and remain unchanged. This software may be distributed on CD-ROM, DVD, or any other physical media.
3. SHAREWARE NOTICE. This software is not freeware, it is shareware and it is copyrighted material. This computer software program can be tested for a trial period of thirty (30) days. After the trial period has ended (30 days), the user must either register the software or remove it from the system.
4. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP. AE Software Technologies reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA. The Software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. AE Software Technologies or its suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the Software. The Software is licensed, not sold.
5. LIMITATIONS ON REVERSE ENGINEERING, DECOMPILATION, AND DISASSEMBLY. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
6. NOT FOR RESALE SOFTWARE. Software identified as "Not for Resale" or "NFR," may not be sold or otherwise transferred for value, or used for any purpose other than demonstration, test or evaluation.
7. SOFTWARE TRANSFER. You may move the Software to a different Workstation Computer. After the transfer, you must completely remove the Software from the former Workstation Computer. Transfer to Third Party. The initial user of the Software may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and Software to another end user, provided the initial user retains no copies of the Software. This transfer must include all of the Software (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the Software must agree to all the EULA terms.
8. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, AE Software Technologies may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the Software and all of its component parts.
9. EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL AE SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATON, SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), MISREPRESENTATION, STRICT LIABILITY, OR BREACH OF CONTRACT.
10. AE SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS PROGRAM MAY CAUSE TO YOUR SYSTEM.
11. AE SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, THAT THIS PROGRAM WILL WORK CORRECTLY WITHOUT ERRORS OR WITHOUT BUGS. IF AN ERROR IS FOUND IN THE PROGRAM, AE SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES DOES NOT HAVE THE OBLIGATION TO FIX IT.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; SEVERABILITY. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the Software) is the entire agreement between you and AE Software Technologies relating to the Software and the support services (if any) and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Software or any other subject matter covered by this EULA.